Why So Much "Kimber Bashing" - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #1

Question Why So Much "Kimber Bashing"

Hello To Everyone
First of all, I apologize for bringing up a subject that must be old to those of you who are long time Kimber owners. I still am relatively new to Kimber and to pistols in general.
It seams that there is hardly ever praise of Kimbers on the internet. Not only that, but when "The Best" .45ACPs are ranked, Kimber is not even mentioned.
All that I know from personal experience is that hitting a "bullseye" at 25 feet is a hell of a lot easier with my Kimber Ultra+CDP than it ever was with my, previous, Glock 20, or the Glock 17. And I won't even get into my Hi-Point 9mm. The latter I have shelved entirely
The price I could get for it is not worth the trouble.
I read, in the internet, about even higher priced pistols, like Les Baur and Wilson and I wonder, what could really be "better" about them compared to Kimber? I suppose that it might be the kind of difference in accuracy that would only be of interest to competitive Marksmen.
Just Curious,
Bill
wildbillbugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #2

I've seen it too and most bashers are internet warriors with no experience and just regurgitate what others have said. I ask, "How many Kimbers have you owned? None? Your opinion is invalid"
I only have one but it's the best shooter I own.

"It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory"
General George S. Patton Jr.
ByrdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to krunchnik
Yup-and between the bashing and when an OP asks a question like what Kimber would you recommend there is always half the answers are dont buy a Kimber or advertise for every brand but Kimber-the real question never does get answered

Old 06-28-2015, 12:33 PM   #4

Think about the automobile market. Now try to keep it 'apples to apples.'

If you were to buy a four-door sedan, V8, automatic, nice stereo, dependable, good warranty, which would you choose? Toyota? Chevy? Dodge? Ford? Honda? Mercedes? Bentley? If you chose one of the last two and paid six figures or more for it, what would be your opinion of the previous manufacturers? I've never been in a Bentley, but I have ridden in and driven a Mercedes. I do not like the Mercedes. Don't like the way they drive, don't feel comfortable in them. Just my opinion. But if I were a snooty owner, it might be possible I would think that my $100K car was better than your $40K car, regardless of actual performance or feature comparison.

If you have to use a microscope to compare fit between two guns, why bother? It's just a silly ego thing.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #5

I think it is a matter of "Sour Grapes." They are envious of the guns they can't afford to own, so they bash them. Besides, how many police departments or military organizations issue Kimbers? It is envy, and nothing more!

Zoomybaby likes this.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #6

I run into a few Kimber haters once in a blue moon at the range and I usually just let them shoot one of mine and the look on their face is priceless after emptying a mag..

Then there are those that will still hold their snoot in the air and give it a "That's an okay gun" statement..

I treat the blabber of Kimber haters the way I treat the "Emergency Broadcast Signal" warning system that we all have heard on the radio..

You listen for 5 seconds, then change the channel because it's so annoying..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #7

They hate Kimbers because they out shoot their Colts, Wilson combats and Ed Browns.
Albert.Cairns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #8

People that don't have will bash those that do, just like that ass hole in my neighborhood with his bright yellow Lamborghini, I wouldn't have the peice of Crap. The man with the beautiful wife Will have someone make a negative comment about her, mainly because his wife looks like a troll. Guns, cars, women boats you name it people will talk shit because you have it and they don't. One of my old friends seen my kimber and said he wouldn't have one because kimber does something to there guns that makes them so accurate that they won't last as long as other guns. I am like what a dumb ass thing to say. He may say same thing about my wife because she's much prettier than his, but you know I am going to keep the kimbers and the wife and take my chances. Lol

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #9

Originally Posted by ByrdMan
with no experience
I don't think it's Kimbers any more than I believe it's Chevys, Fords, chocolate cake, angel-food cake or Japanese motorcycles.

It's the internet. More than half of the ignorant comments you read on 'net, see on YouTube or find on blogs are submitted by little wienies who would have gotten the crap kicked out of them 20 years ago for uttering this flotsam in taverns.

But the internet gives them something they need to be an uber-idiot, and that's anonymity behind a computer screen.

Put them on ignore. I think of it as "cyber castration." When I see the comment "the message is hidden" I always smirk to myself. One more loser's only rant that day is to yell upstairs for his mommy to make more pizza rolls.

That's 'cause he's nothing to me. And frankly, nothing to you...
Richard, ByrdMan and Zoomybaby like this.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #10

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I don't think it's Kimbers any more than I believe it's Chevys, Fords, chocolate cake, angel-food cake or Japanese motorcycles.

It's the internet. More than half of the ignorant comments you read on 'net, see on YouTube or find on blogs are submitted by little wienies who would have gotten the crap kicked out of them 20 years ago for uttering this flotsam in taverns.

But the internet gives them something they need to be an uber-idiot, and that's anonymity behind a computer screen.

Put them on ignore. I think of it as "cyber castration." When I see the comment "the message is hidden" I always smirk to myself. One more loser's only rant that day is to yell upstairs for his mommy to make more pizza rolls.

That's 'cause he's nothing to me. And frankly, nothing to you...
People taking about something they have zero knowledge or experience with, pretending to be tough and cute and sexy while really being fat ugly dumbasses all hiding behind a computer screen? Interesting lol

Nellybelle and Richard like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote