Asking Opinion's Again - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #1

Asking Opinion's Again

Went to the range today and did pretty well with my carry (Raptor. 380) but, to put it bluntly I was dead-nuts with my 9mm CDP Pro. The Pro is just to big for me to carry, besides who wouldn't want another???

So my question is if I want to get another 9mm, uh...maybe something else to carry would you go with a Stainless Ultra Carry II or the Ultra CDP???

Honey said Santa is coming
Old 10-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #2

The one that matter most is the one you choose.Just my opinion!

Yes I am a Democrat,that love his guns!
If1Hitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #3

Originally Posted by karenschro View Post
So my question is if I want to get another 9mm, uh...maybe something else to carry would you go with a Stainless Ultra Carry II or the Ultra CDP???
It's no surprise that you can shoot the Pro better than the Micro. The Pro is a better gun. It's a REAL 1911. The Micro just LOOKS like a mini-1911, but it's not nearly as good a runner. There's nothing wrong with it--it's just not as good. The sight radius on the Pro and its mass will help, as well.

The Ultra is a real 1911, with a sight radius and mass greater than your Micro 380. I have an Ultra CDP II in .45ACP, and it's a true joy to shoot. I don't carry it, but would have no qualms about doing so.
Chuck43, 2sharp2, JC45 and 2 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #4

There's not a lot of differance between the Ultra and the Pro except for an inch of slide and a half inch of grip. If you shoot that Pro that good I would be looking at maybe holster options for that gun that fits you better.
Since Santa said he's coming how about a new Micro 9? Belair? Raptor? My wife loves her Belair, it fits her hands better than my Ultra.
Bottom line is what's ever comfortable and easy for you to carry that you shoot consistently good. Shot placement matters more than caliber.
Chuck43, cousinmark and Karens like this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:03 AM   #5

I’d go with the CDP, it has night sights, front and rear checkering and the carry melt treatment.
Chuck43, 427malibu and Karens like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 05:48 AM   #6

Anything in the Ultra family would be suitable. I do tend to like the Ultra better, if my opinion matters.
Chuck43, cnutco and Karens like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:07 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Id go with the CDP, it has night sights, front and rear checkering and the carry melt treatment.
Between the Stainless Ultra Carry and the Ultra CDP I'd go with the Ultra CDP for all the reasons that JC45 already mentioned and the ambidextrous safety.
JC45, 427malibu and Karens like this.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #8

Between the two I'd go with the CDP for the reasons that have been mentioned. Like Albert suggested though the Micro 9 line up may be something else to look at? Personally I find the sub compact size more manageable for IWB carry. How do you carry anyways?
Chuck43 and 427malibu like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #9

I have the ultra cdp also in both 9 and 45.like all the above mentioned the extras that come with it is worth it. It would cost muchmore to add later on.
Chuck43, JC45 and Karens like this.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #10

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Between the two I'd go with the CDP for the reasons that have been mentioned. Like Albert suggested though the Micro 9 line up may be something else to look at? Personally I find the sub compact size more manageable for IWB carry. How do you carry anyways?
I have been working on different options for carrying. Right now its mostly in my pocket because the .380 is small. That will be the big question when then time comes. I may have to have hand surgery (1st/3rd finger joints)
Having the ambi is something we always look for because Honey is left handed and we like to be able to shoot all our firearms. After reading some of the Micro 9 issues and actually shooting one at the range I did not care for it. I had enough issues with my Raptor to last me a lifetime.

As always you are the best information sharing group, your opinions and encouragement are the best!
Chuck43 and Jflytle like this.