• 9 Post By Teufelhunde
  • 1 Post By Bigdog
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 4 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By DeOlMan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #1

Good day at the range

I haven't been to the range for a couple of years up until last week. This was due to stressful times (Mom and dad both passing 1/2 years apart), and me consoling myself with food, getting WAAAAAY overweight and the medical issues that go with that.

Anyway, fast forward to now. I am down 30 pounds and really starting to feel well again, and have decided I need to get back to serious shooting. I went to the range last week, but didn't do too well which is to be expected after a long layoff. Today, I went back and worked on it, after having had a chance to think of the things I did wrong last week.

Put about 70-80 rounds through the Ultra CDP II. The first photo is the last 28 rounds at around 8 yards or so, fired from four mags of seven spaced 1-2 seconds between rounds. Had one failure to extract.....will have to keep an eye on that to see if it is becoming an issue.....

Put 110 rounds through the Micro carry. Second photo is the last twenty through three different mags. Same distance and shot spacing. Had one failure to feed, the slide hit the back of the cartridge and just stopped. It was ball ammo, so don't really see any reason for it, other than it was getting a little grungy by then......

Bothe of those are 12" targets with a 4" stick on bullseye on them......Anyway, all in all, a pretty worthwhile trip....

Lon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00037.JPG (2.96 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00038.JPG (2.96 MB, 4 views)
Chuck43, bhunted, Markie and 6 others like this.

Last edited by Teufelhunde; 11-27-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: forgot something
Teufelhunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #2

great shootin'!
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #3

...good clean fun :-)
great shooting!
Chuck43 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Nice shooting, remember you don't have to go to the range to practice. Dry fire practice works, after I had 3 cervical discs replaced I wasn't allowed to fire a gun for 6 months. After a couple of weeks I started shooting one of my .45's with a laser bullet, I shot about 50 rounds a day. My first day back at the range I shot better then I normally did.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:25 PM   #5

Good shooting.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Nice shooting, remember you don't have to go to the range to practice. Dry fire practice works, after I had 3 cervical discs replaced I wasn't allowed to fire a gun for 6 months. After a couple of weeks I started shooting one of my .45's with a laser bullet, I shot about 50 rounds a day. My first day back at the range I shot better then I normally did.
The "laser bullet" is a good thing to practice with. Take a look at itargetpro.com. It ups the feedback level. Or, another one is shootoffapp.com.
Chuck43 and Markie like this.
DeOlMan is offline   Reply With Quote