What Kimber do you carry and how. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #1

What Kimber do you carry and how.

After hearing people complain about lack of responses on this web site I thought I would give you all a chance to contribute.

What model Kimber do you carry and how. I will be glad to start.

First of all I carry daily. Because I work in an office and can't carry inside most of the time it is in my car. However when I ride my motorcycle or go out in public I carry my wife's SOLO in a DeSantis IWB Super Tuck, strong side at 4 o'clock. I normally wear a loose fitting shirt over it for complete concealment.
Sometimes I carry my Super Carry Ultra Plus but the Solo is so easy to carry and forget about. I remove the magazine, lock the slide open and insert the mag and release the slide lock chambering a round. I then always remove the slide and count the remaining rounds in the mag, and check the barrel port then re-insert the mag. My Solo works with proper ammunition and correct reassembly.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #2

Ultra II. Right now, because of weather, I use an IWB.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #3

I usually carry my ultra covert but also if clothing permits I carry a full size grand raptor. Normally IBW holster

canthit
canthit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I don't carry yet, my state recently made carry permits legal but won't be issuing them until sometime in the first quarter of 2014. Right now I am planing on using my ultra dependable Kimber Super Carry Pro but like everything else in life it's subject to change.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #5

With bad knees, and your age, I think you will find that will be uncomfortable to carry daily. Please don't take offence, I'm the same age as you! As stated before I daily carry a Sig. P238 Equinox nice and light, in a Remora clipless holster, verry comfortable and easy to conceal.
Try carrying your cannon around in your house for a few hours concealed. I think you will agree with me.
I purchased the Solo to replace the Sig with more stopping power. Unfortunately the Solo is not one that I can trust, also its larger and heavier. It would be good for winter carry here in Vegas if it did not have issues with reliability. I'm at 700 rounds, time to think about ordering new springs, Kimber's web site is still out of stock!
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #6

I carry a Pro CDP II. Used to carry a Custom but like the lighter weight now.
Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
With bad knees, and your age, I think you will find that will be uncomfortable to carry daily. Please don't take offence, I'm the same age as you! As stated before I daily carry a Sig. P238 Equinox nice and light, in a Remora clipless holster, verry comfortable and easy to conceal.
Try carrying your cannon around in your house for a few hours concealed. I think you will agree with me.
I purchased the Solo to replace the Sig with more stopping power. Unfortunately the Solo is not one that I can trust, also its larger and heavier. It would be good for winter carry here in Vegas if it did not have issues with reliability. I'm at 700 rounds, time to think about ordering new springs, Kimber's web site is still out of stock!
I'm a total newbie when it comes to concealed carry so this is all new to me. I still don't have a holster yet, I ordered one and now I play the waiting game. As I told you in another thread I'm going to look at the sig you were telling me about, I found a dealer about 20 miles from me.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #8

Super Carry Pro HD. What now is called appendix carry.
Mike240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #9

My Kimber is a .45 acp Super Carry Custom HD.When I carry it I use OWB Galco Gunleather holsters.I have two Yaquis (sp?),one paddle and one belt slide on.I also have a full size Galco paddle holster.With the proper outerwear they are easily concealed.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #10

Kimber fan who just joined.

Hi everyone! This is my first time on this forum but I am an avid Kimber fan.
In the cold months, I carry a Kimber Tactical Ultra II in a Milt Sparks Versa
Max 2 holster. The most comfortable holster I've ever worn.
In the warmer months, I carry a Kimber Solo with laser grips in a pocket holster. A little easier to conceal.
writeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page
can you conceal carry the kimber custom carry 2

how to conceal kimber ultra carry

kimber solo for appendix carry

kimber super carry ultra problems

kimber super custom carry which magazines do you use
kimber ultra carry remora holster
solo carry reliability
what remora holster for kimber
Click on a term to search for related topics.