Sccy - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2019, 06:35 PM   #1

Sccy

Does anybody know anything about SCCY? Are they a good company and how are there firearms. I see there guns and was just wondering if they are good or not.
Bear604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-31-2019, 06:48 PM   #2

American made and a lifetime warranty. 100 percent made in house and priced reasonable. What more could you ask for from a reasonable priced polymer wonder. I hear their a fine little pistol in the same category as the Taurus G2. Haven't heard too many complaints.
Chuck43, RustyIron and Bear604 like this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:02 PM   #3

Thank you for the info Albert. Cairns
Chuck43 likes this.
Bear604 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #4

I don't own one but I did shoot one belonging to another guy at the range. BB gun sights squirt gun trigger. Light, felt good in the hand. I let him shoot my Sig 320 sub-compact he asked where I got it and how much did I pay for it. I didn't ask him where he got the SCCY. Take that for what it's worth.
Chuck43, RustyIron and DaveinNC like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:44 PM   #5

as was said, the Sccy is a pretty decent pistol. I shot a freind's extensively... while the "feel" is not high dollar the trigger is pretty dang good. Out to 10 yards, quite accurate - and at 7 yards, I consistently plugged the bulls eye.

Do I want one? No. However, if pressed into a defensive situation I would use it with a high degree of confidence.

Spin Dr
Chuck43 and RustyIron like this.
Spin Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #6

I don't have one nor have I shot one but this the first time I've heard anyone say anything good about them. I held a couple and the squirt gun comment is about right. maybe they've improved them since looked at them. I would spend the little extra for the Taurus if you looking for somthing inexpensive.
46QJI likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #7

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
I don't have one nor have I shot one but this the first time I've heard anyone say anything good about them. I held a couple and the squirt gun comment is about right. maybe they've improved them since looked at them. I would spend the little extra for the Taurus if you looking for somthing inexpensive.
I have the Millennium G2 and can vouch for that pistol its probably the best under $250 self defence pistol out there. Mine shoots everything I feed it and has over 1500 rounds flawless through it. 12 + 1 and a compact size.
wayne likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:06 PM   #8

Made in Florida, if I recall correctly. Sort of the same category as Kel-Tec.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #9

Watch this before buying a Sccy.

ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #10

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Watch this before buying a Sccy.
I'm not sure the model of the SCCY that I shot but it didn't have sights the one in the video had. I only shot one mag it had no failures.
But it sure sounds like the same trigger long, squishy, heavy, with lots of over travel, long reset.

Admittedly my Sig probably cost twice as much and has had trigger job (my own work), using an APEX trigger/transfer bar kit. And it's striker fired not DAO, it does feel completely different. So I might be a little spoiled by it.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote