At the range - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #1

At the range

Took my 9mm Pro to the range today, had a blast, literally. I have not shot this firearm in a while, been dealing with my .380. Found I love just as much as I did before, its just flawless.

As you all know I have been dealing with my Micro Raptor .380 for some time, I had this past week off and I traded it in for a Sig P238 Legion. Got to say it is a fine firearm and I would for sure depend on it for my life. Shot 400 rounds through this week, 2 times at the range and not one issue. Just have to make sure my grip is tight and right when its not I have flyers all over the place. Its a pleasure to shoot and I cannot wait until I break it in, get my holster and begin to carry a firearm that I am confident in.

First pic is the Kimber Pro on Left, Right is the P238 Legion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9mm.jpg (16.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 380 Legion.jpg (13.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #2

Glad you like your new gun. If I buy something and it doesn't work right I get rid of it as well. I don't care who makes it. Therefore I would have done the same thing you did.
PaulWVa and Karens like this.
JAB1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #3

Sig 238 is the way to go. Very nice.
2sharp2 and Karens like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I have a Sig P238 SAS and it's been trouble free from day one.

Before anyone says anything I've had the P238 and P938 long before Kimber came out with the Micro or Micro 9.
2sharp2, JC45, PaulWVa and 2 others like this.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #5

Originally Posted by JAB1962 View Post
Glad you like your new gun. If I buy something and it doesn't work right I get rid of it as well. I don't care who makes it. Therefore I would have done the same thing you did.

It took me a long time to give up on this Micro 3 trips to the mother ship; this last year trying everything we could think of to give it a chance. After a while you just have to forget about it no matter how much you like the firearm and move on. When honey got the new Legion a few weeks ago and I shot it, it was a no even thinking about keeping the Micro anymore. I am sad, but happy and I still have my 9mm.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Cybercycle like this.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #6

Originally Posted by JAB1962 View Post
If I buy something and it doesn't work right I get rid of it as well. I don't care who makes it.
I agree 100%. One of my gun gurus and shooting mentors when I was a young man, my lawyer and a former FBI agent, told me almost those same words. Saying, "If you get a gun that you just can't shoot well and can't seem to work it out get rid of it and try something else. Don't let it ruin your confidence."

He was a great guy that could tell some great stories I miss his wit and wisdom.
Karens likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:40 PM   #7

Congratulations Karen. Now you can focus on your shooting without being pissed off.
Chuck43, Karens and Wingnut like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 AM   #8

Great shooting. Very glad you're happy now.
Karens likes this.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #9

Nice shooting Karen! I'm glad got the .380 issue resolved. How about a few pics of that new sub-compact of yours?
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #10

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Congratulations Karen. Now you can focus on your shooting without being pissed off.
You aren't kidding, I was saying last night now I am addicted to going to the range and shooting again. I was skipping weeks with Honey because it just wasn't fun anymore, I haven't carried in quite a while because I wasn't sure about the Raptor.
JC45 likes this.