EVO SP CS breakdown help - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #1

Thumbs up EVO SP CS breakdown help

I have only shot about 150 rounds with only 2 hiccups..... possibly due to lack of right hand grip pressure..( right handed ).

So far the gun is beginning to loosen up a bit.. racking the slide is still somewhat difficult due to strong springs, and take down is really hard for me.

I have searched for a tool that fits into slide spring..assembly and allows for line up of the magic oval slot....... to pull out the slide stop..

So far NO luck.. and I really need that as my hands are not large nor strong enough to break down the pistol for cleaning.

NO doubt, more shots at the range will alleviate some of my challenges. So far accuracy is adequate....... as I am not "good" target shooter but at 22 yards ( one of three pistol ranges ) I can group 3 shots at 2.5 to 4 inches..

Otherwise, the pistol is excellent.

Bob
bchaney158@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #2

Hey Bob, welcome.

This is a video I put together for my Micro 9 for reinstalling the pin. You're looking to remove the pin, but the same premise. I use one hand and actually put a finger down in the slide ejection port. If the slide slips, yes you will pinch a finger and my guess is - it might hurt. Has never been a problem, and I've been doing it this way for many years. Maybe this is an option for you?!

1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

1000RR
thanks for the tip.. I will try this.... can't imagine that the spring is tighter than the Micro 9 than on my evo.

Ha, Maybe I will wear leather gloves when I try.
Bob
bchaney158@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #4

I dont know where on this site I saw it but I think it was for the micro 9. The original poster had a plastic nut and bolt that you adjusted and put in the chamber, which held open the slide . You adjusted the nutto the proper lenght till the take down notch lined up. I bought one and it works. Dont ask me the size because its buried in my safe, I us my hands. Bring a empty shell to the hardware store and match the size and get one about a inch and a half long.
427malibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #5

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have only shot about 150 rounds with only 2 hiccups..... possibly due to lack of right hand grip pressure..( right handed ).

So far the gun is beginning to loosen up a bit.. racking the slide is still somewhat difficult due to strong springs, and take down is really hard for me.

I have searched for a tool that fits into slide spring..assembly and allows for line up of the magic oval slot....... to pull out the slide stop..

So far NO luck.. and I really need that as my hands are not large nor strong enough to break down the pistol for cleaning.

NO doubt, more shots at the range will alleviate some of my challenges. So far accuracy is adequate....... as I am not "good" target shooter but at 22 yards ( one of three pistol ranges ) I can group 3 shots at 2.5 to 4 inches..

Otherwise, the pistol is excellent.

Bob
22yards or 22 ft?
sawguy is offline   Reply With Quote