Interesting Experience at Home Depot yesterday - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #11

Now days, that's why even a quick trip (8 miles round trip) to the closest grocery store I always wear my CDP Ultra.
The law abiding inter-city people are leaving the "hood" but that results in the criminal element following. There are no safer areas of Chattanooga anymore, just "Gun Free Zones" where you have to be extra careful. It's no where near like the Windy City but still...
Chuck43, Tejun and PaulWVa like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2019, 06:21 PM   #12

We need to carry pocket spike strips. We can toss them in front of where they are running and they’ll yell ouch ouch and fall to ground in pain. ———- I jest.

But thats the store’s loss prevention dept.
Civilians should not get involved in things like shop lifting. Now if you happen to be close enough where your foot just happens to be in their path, wellllll....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 3 others like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #13

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
We need to carry pocket spike strips. We can toss them in front of where they are running and they’ll yell ouch ouch and fall to ground in pain. –––- I jest.

But thats the store’s loss prevention dept.
Civilians should not get involved in things like shop lifting. Now if you happen to be close enough where your foot just happens to be in their path, wellllll....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly John. That falls in the category of "Ain't my stuff"
Chuck43, bhunted, DaveinNC and 2 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #14

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
Thankfully no one was hurt
I respectfully disagree. I wish the sons of {blank} thieves would have been shot. It'd have saved my tax dollars later when they do get caught and I have to pay to keep them in prison
DaveinNC and wayne like this.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Longhorn View Post
I respectfully disagree. I wish the sons of {blank} thieves would have been shot. It'd have saved my tax dollars later when they do get caught and I have to pay to keep them in prison
Would have been shot for what ? Home Depot has insurance for things like this. If someone would have drawn his shooter and hit some innocent bystander would you feel the same ? That customer that intervened was an idiot in my opinion. What if the guy would have shot him over construction tools ? It wasn't his stuff that was being stolen right ?

No one was in danger of their lives since the story didn't state that there was a weapon involved right ? It wasn't our stuff that was getting stolen so why would you worry about it. As far as the taxes being paid on a felon being in jail, it happens each and everyday day of our lives man.
bhunted, Tejun, JC45 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Marshall; 06-03-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:25 PM   #16

I gotta agree with Marshall ... I'm not taking a life over someone else's property. As I explained to my wife, when I first got my CCW , I would carry my gun so that we both make it back home. Unless it's a matter of life and death I'm not going to try to be law enforcement. So until my Batmobile gets here I'm no crime fighter. Try kickin' in my back door ...well, that changes things.
2sharp2, bhunted, OLE442 and 3 others like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:43 AM   #17

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Would have been shot for what ? Home Depot has insurance for things like this. If someone would have drawn his shooter and hit some innocent bystander would you feel the same ? That customer that intervened was an idiot in my opinion. What if the guy would have shot him over construction tools ? It wasn't his stuff that was being stolen right ?

No one was in danger of their lives since the story didn't state that there was a weapon involved right ? It wasn't our stuff that was getting stolen so why would you worry about it. As far as the taxes being paid on a felon being in jail, it happens each and everyday day of our lives man.
I’m sure Home Depot accounts for a certain amount of loss and if they were loosing more than an exceptable amount they would have armed guards on every isle. On a bad day they make more money than I do and I’m not loosing my life or someone else’s life for some items at a megastore.
Marshall, 2sharp2 and PaulWVa like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:50 AM   #18

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
That's a pretty bold move by the thieves, they're not shy are they?
I was told by a local grocery store's employee a few years back that a couple "thugs" came in the front door in the middle of the night with a sledge hammer and proceeded back to the sporting goods and busted into the ammo case and walked out with a good amount of ammo. After that, for the longest time, they kept and empty box for each type ammo in the case and you had to get a clerk to go into the back and retrieve what you wanted to buy! Now, I'm not sure what changed but, they keep it all back in the case.

Exactly John. That falls in the category of "Ain't my stuff"
Many years ago, I worked for a major national grocery chain and was working on a Sunday. The co-manager was watching a guy and said he had personal items walled up around the edge of the shopping cart and was placing store items in the center and she felt he was going to exit without paying. She had me with her and she stopped him as he was attempting to exit the store....with the cart. They were talking and I moved a bit closer to the exit and he made a break for it. She said "Grab him" and I'm not sure what the heck I was thinking but I did in the atrium area of the exit. I grabbed his arm and we were going round and round and all I was thinking was that he could have a knife (gun never even crossed my mind). Every time the wall was behind him I'd think that I could jam him into the wall real hard to stop him but I didn't thank goodness. I was much bigger and could have slammed him real good but didn't. He stopped and the police came and took him off. I decided after that that I'd never do that again because I'm pretty sure this multi billion dollar company would have left me hanging if he would have been hurt and sued me/the company. I wasn't hired as an enforcer/loss prevention clerk for the company.....just a lowly employee and I don't want to get sued because I followed orders. It's not worth it to put yourself in harms way just for merchandise. I'm pretty sure the freakin "pretty boy" store manager wouldn't have "grabbed him" even though it was what could have ended up as part of his bonus money....LOL! JMO
DaveinNC and PaulWVa like this.

Last edited by OLE442; 06-04-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: thoughts added
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #19

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Now days, that's why even a quick trip (8 miles round trip) to the closest grocery store I always wear my CDP Ultra.
In the other forum I haunt I just made the same comment--that being, I carry a firearm to go to the grocery store.

I remember when my mom used to go shopping all by herself. Now even my wife carries an SW 360PD just to go to stores.

We even try not to wander around the mall. A few years ago a wannabee banger fired a few shots about 20 feet away from Santa's Castle, where a child was sitting on Santa's lap.
PaulWVa likes this.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #20

Hey Marshall !!! How have you been ?
I do agree with your comments. The punks (with pants half way down their butts) came within 5 ft of us, but I saw no weapons. It wasn't until one of the HD employees chasing him shouted shut the gates that I realized what was happening. There were people running all around and trying to decipher which were thugs and which were good guys was difficult. WAYYYY too many innocent bystanders around even with it being early Sunday morning. We did not feel threatened but I also didn't know how many piss-ants there were and made sure things were ok before proceeding to the checkout counter.

At the root of the whole shabang is even if they would have gotten apprehended, our court system would have let them back on the streets to do it again within a few days (if not hours).
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote