Interesting Experience at Home Depot yesterday - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

Interesting Experience at Home Depot yesterday

Ms Tejun and I headed to HD to buy some landscaping items for a flower bed in front of our Townhouse. It was fairly early on Sunday morning so there were not a ton of people there (the way I like it). When we got out of the truck we were looking at the portable buildings and a car passed us slowly in the parking lot heading through the section you can drive through to get mulch, topsoil etc. It seemed odd but I diverted my attention to the buildings. We went in to the gardening area and had located the retainer bricks we were looking for and I'd loaded 13 of them on a cart. As we were about to make our way to the checkout, I heard some noise coming from inside the store and then looked in that direction and saw several (like 5 or 6) people running our way. Two individuals had shopping carts they were pushing. Some of the individuals were employees identified by their orange aprons and it really looked like some sort of race. I thought maybe it was a new employee indoctrination or something. they were headed toward the outside entrance of the gardening area when one of the Home Depot employees started yelling shut the gates !

I then realized a chase was on for some guys trying to bail out with shopping carts full of construction type tools (drills, saws, etc). Not knowing what to expect, I grabbed Ms Tejun and we headed toward the rear of gardening area behind the landscape pavers to a vantage point where I could easily see what was going on. A customer managed to shove one of them to the ground and he got up, and they both bolted for a waiting car...... the one I watched when I got there.

This was a good example of just how fast things can happen and how you have to quickly assess the situation and make a decision (hopefully the right one) on what actions to take. I had reached back and put my hand on my Micro 380 but never felt I was in any danger and needed to draw it though.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-03-2019, 09:09 AM   #2

Hmmm.... a new form of credit card payment?
Tejun and wayne like this.
apollosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #3

......and that’s why I prefer Lowe’s....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tejun and Teufelhunde like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #4

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Lowes probably would fired the employees for trying to them.
Tejun likes this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #5

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Lowes probably would fired the employees for trying to them.
There was another incident here in Houston where the employee pursued someone for shoplifting and he was fired.
Micro 380 Stainless
Micro 9 Stainless
Solo CDP
Tejun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #6

Growing up, Houston was a great place to live. Now, I don't cross into Harris County (Houston) without adequate firepower. Sadly, parts of Fort Bend County are becoming "Houstonified" as well. If I could earn a living there, I'd pack up & head to Port O'Connor or Port Mansfield and tell the world to pound sand. It makes both me and my wife sick what has become of our hometown.
Tejun and Supertool like this.

Last edited by Longhorn; 06-03-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #7

I grew up in Baltimore. I left. I don't go back, except for weddings and funerals, where I feel naked because I can't even have a locked up (in a case, no ammo) pistol in Maryland and my NC license plate shows any interested police officer that I have a carry permit in NC.
JCBnPHX and Tejun like this.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #8

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last Summer my friend and I were just pulling into Lowe's parking lot to get him a load of wood fencing for his backyard pool. Just as we stepped out of my truck, someone went running by with an arm load of "box" and ran to a waiting car and sped away. Just as a manager type came out and watched the get-a-way …"she (?) just took a chainsaw!!" … He went on to say, "We can't really do much … we're just supposed to get a licenses number and description of the car" …"We have her on video … Now I just go call all the local pawn shops and put them on notice for a brand new chainsaw"

I'll have to say …. she could really run fast.
bhunted, Tejun, Bigdog and 1 others like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #9

That's why I changed my regimen on topics like this.

I used to shoot first and ask questions later.

With fewer possible adherents to become my believers, I now shoot while I'm speaking.

I get cheers--at least I think there was cheers. Could have been screams of agony...
bhunted, Tejun and DaveinNC like this.

Last edited by The Tourist; 06-03-2019 at 05:01 PM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #10

That's a pretty bold move by the thieves, they're not shy are they? Sounds like your instincts were good and you first got out of harms way best you could and then prepared to defend the little woman and yourself. Thankfully you didn't need to demonstrate your marksmanship but...
...I'll bet mrs Tejun will be less likely to reprimand you for buying handguns moving forward :-)
Thankfully no one was hurt
Tejun, DaveinNC and wayne like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote