Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By Teufelhunde
  • 3 Post By PaulWVa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #1

Taking classes

I recently went back to spending some time/money on shooting as an avenue to help me finish the grieving process for my parents. Of course, as I had walked away from it for close to ten years I was rusty.

My skills weren't returning the way I had hoped so I decided to retake a couple of classes I had taken around 12 years back.

Today was the first day, and the photo is of the back of my target shot in the first hour of the range portion of the class. Don't remember the exact round count, but it was right around 35....(9mm)...Short distance (8ft), but I would say not bad.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00122.JPG (2.94 MB, 17 views)
Teufelhunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
I recently went back to spending some time/money on shooting as an avenue to help me finish the grieving process for my parents. Of course, as I had walked away from it for close to ten years I was rusty.

My skills weren't returning the way I had hoped so I decided to retake a couple of classes I had taken around 12 years back.

Today was the first day, and the photo is of the back of my target shot in the first hour of the range portion of the class. Don't remember the exact round count, but it was right around 35....(9mm)...Short distance (8ft), but I would say not bad.....

Sorry to hear about your parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rangers13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Rangers13 View Post
Sorry to hear about your parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I'm adjusting to it. Mom went first and Dad a little more than a year later. Been a year since he passed. Death is part of life.....
Teufelhunde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2019, 03:34 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post

I would say youíre being modest. Thatís some great shooting.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #5

I've always found shooting to be a relaxing, centering experience. A way to concentrate my thoughts into a single action. Just trying to put round number two into the same hole as round number one and three into that hole … and so on and so on.

The satisfactory (((ping))) of ringing a steel plate. Whether it's a four inch plate at 15 yrds or a twelve inch plate at 100 yrds. We shoot to get better … maybe to improve our self defense, maybe to win trophies or just to out shoot our best buddies. It's "Zen and the Art of the Trigger".

Nothing like the noise and action of a range day or the quiet time of cleaning you guns afterwards. The anti-gun types will never understand any of this … their loss.
Chuck43, Teufelhunde and wayne like this.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 06-07-2019 at 01:30 PM.
PaulWVa is online now   Reply With Quote