Kimber Talk Forums banner

Would like some input

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  1911junkie 
#1 ·
I recently won a Custom II at my local Pheasants Forever banquet. My avatar is a picture of this handgun. My question is do I keep it locked away or enjoy it. I've been told by a few people to not shoot it because it will increase in value over the years. Others have told me to enjoy it. I've looked through some pricing guides and some special issue guns do gain value, others don't. What are your thoughts?

#7 ·
It's a gun......shoot it IMO! Keep it clean and it will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay when/if you ever go to sell it!

Reactions: Bish
#8 ·
Most of us here are of the buy-clean-shoot-repeat crowd. I do have some I've not shot yet, but that is because I've not taken the time to do so and not because I am hoping value will appreciate. They'll be worth what ever they are worth at the time I decide to part with them (more or less than I paid), or if I get hit by the proverbial bus and Ms Tejun will then have to deal with selling all of them.

I'd shoot that sucker and post a range report (pics required)

#9 ·
That is a mass produced entry level (for Kimber) 1911, a very nice one, but that is essentially what it is. Like the others said, shoot the snot out of it and enjoy it.

Reactions: PaulWVa
#10 ·
Shoot It!! Chances of it being worth more than it is at this moment is slim and none and even then it's going to take several decades for that to happen. Not likely it would ever be worth what Colt Anaconda's and Pythons and Mint in box "unfired" Pre Lock Smith & Wesson's are bringing in todays market.

Others popping in here from time to time have wanted the Special Kimber they won or bought many years ago, asking value and wanting to sell for big money, have received little or no interest.

Shoot, enjoy. IMO

Reactions: PaulWVa
#11 ·
I'm with the guys here …. shoot it...enjoy it ! I ,for one, have enough family hand me downs / wall hangers that I don't shoot. Today I'm only interested in guns that I can take out shoot … a lot. Now if you do run across a real collector's piece that you want as an investment and want to tie up todays money for future profit, then that's another story. But those guns are rare and expensive. You have a solid shooter for today.... go for it!

#14 ·
The Custom II will never be a collectors gun, they made and are still making scads of them. I have heard of them being picked up new as cheap as 650ish.

What they are is a joy to shoot, very accurate, and very reliable!

I carry mine a lot! I know when the trigger is pulled, it WILL go bang! I trust my life with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.