2 Kimbers in the house - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #1

2 Kimbers in the house

Just found a Ultra Raptor II. Unfortunately it is used as no new ones to be found. Some holster wear on the front of the slide and wear on the railings due to use. Slide tight, trigger like new, no problem feeding all kinds of HP by racking the slide. Next up is a function firing. Broke it down for a cleaning as it was pretty dirty.

I like it though, $995 vs $1295.

P.S. Called local Cerekote dealer and if I tear down, they will do slide and frame for $196. Think that trip is happening pretty soon. If it turns out well, the Ultra Crimson Carry II is going in as I really don't like two tone guns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raptor.jpg (147.5 KB, 9 views)
Oldsoul and Zoomybaby like this.
yardstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-28-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Nice score yardstick, it look good.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #3

Yea, not bad for a used gun. But, in a little while it will be good as new. Just a little refurbishment.
Chuck43 likes this.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #4

Originally Posted by yardstick View Post
Just found a Ultra Raptor II. Unfortunately it is used as no new ones to be found. Some holster wear on the front of the slide and wear on the railings due to use. Slide tight, trigger like new, no problem feeding all kinds of HP by racking the slide. Next up is a function firing. Broke it down for a cleaning as it was pretty dirty.

I like it though, $995 vs $1295.

P.S. Called local Cerekote dealer and if I tear down, they will do slide and frame for $196. Think that trip is happening pretty soon. If it turns out well, the Ultra Crimson Carry II is going in as I really don't like two tone guns.
I miss read this earlier I thought you where adding crimson grips to this. That's why I offered to buy your old grips. I apologize. If that was mine I would put it in the holster and use and enjoy it. I purchased mine new and already have marks on it. Yours looks fine e to me. My ultra Raptor is my favorite Kimber.

Chuck43 likes this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #5

Is no problem. But, at the price quoted for the cerekote, I think it would be good to do that. Besides, like I said the other one is next up if I like the coating.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:52 AM   #6

Originally Posted by yardstick View Post
Is no problem. But, at the price quoted for the cerekote, I think it would be good to do that. Besides, like I said the other one is next up if I like the coating.
I had a frame changed from tan to green with the cerakote and was very pleased with the outcome. I am sure it will look great when your done, please post before and after photos if you end up doing it.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #7

Wink Way To Go!!

Nice snag there!! I like all things RAPTOR!!! Sounds like you found a deal. A bit of wear on a used pistol is not a bad thing. It could be that someone was just nice enough to break it in for you. If it shoots well and functions positively, you just saved the cost of 500 rounds of FMJ hardball to break your pistol in!!!

Shoot the hell out of it and then let us know how she shoots. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your new toy!!! Keep us up to date.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
I had a frame changed from tan to green with the cerakote and was very pleased with the outcome. I am sure it will look great when your done, please post before and after photos if you end up doing it.
So, when you had that done, did any of the tolerances change and create problems? Did you have the internals done also?
Old 07-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #9

I just had the frame done and I haven't had any problems with it at all. Here's a couple pictures

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 08-07-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #10

Nice job. How many rounds through it since you had it coated?