Lower gun talk? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2019, 05:46 AM   #1

Lower gun talk?

In looking at KT this morning, only 2 of the top 10 active threads were about guns, there were 2 ads, 2 long running joke and weather in iowa threads, and 4 miscellaneous political rants. It in the good ole days there was a lot of really good content about people’s guns, tips, etc. Maybe since the solos got washed through the system and melted down the volume has been clipped a little?
2sharp2, bhunted and cousinmark like this.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:25 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I think what you're seeing are the regular old timers that come here every morning. We exchange pleasantries, greet new members, answer questions and tell jokes. During the summer the forum slows down as people take vacations and spend more time outdoors so what you're seeing is the effect of that.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:50 AM   #3

And more than likely the "4 miscellaneous political rants" are about things that could affect our ability to own any gun in the future.

Another forum I hang at every so often warned about a "political" item related to the recent shooting (massacres) and the efforts to achieve substantial, meaningful gun control in this country. Well, I hate to tell everyone that owning a gun in this country is highly political so, whether we like it or not, we're political! Kind of hard to avoid on a gun forum IMO!!

Even a fudd gun forum, since variations of all weapons, in their design started out as "weapons of war"! The "attacker" in Dayton, Ohio could just as easy drove his Toyota Camry onto 5th Street at high speed, pedal to the metal and then swerved up onto the sidewalk and killed and injured as many, if not more than he did with a "weapon of war"! And, he would most likely still be alive!

I believe we are at a cross road and the subject is critical to our SA rights and needs to be discussed!
Chuck43, cousinmark and Mini Me like this.

"Ancient hatreds & modern weapons-that's my kind of show" - George Carlin

"Realism can sometimes be mistaken for pessimism!"
© 2019

Join Gun Owners of America
https://gunowners.org/join/

Last edited by OLE442; 08-14-2019 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spellin'
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2019, 07:29 AM   #4

this country needs an enema...
bhunted, Mini Me, DaveinNC and 1 others like this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #5

Failure to do anything about the political rants go no where if you just talk about them. Quite frankly, I agree. Every effing forum I'm on has 95% political chest pounding and the same subject throughout. This is to also add to the frustration that anything that happens related to the administration or leftist hierarchy also gets posted. It's bad enough that you cannot watch the news and see normal stuff. It's jammed down our throats everywhere you look. I'm tired of it. Hence, I don't read or say much here any more.

If you really want to do something about it, hit the polls and vote. The NRA-ILA just sent out a tag poll. Fill it out, donate and send it in. Otherwise, discuss till you're blue.

If you are board, go shooting, clean some guns, sit back and have a beer.
Cheers....

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:11 AM   #6

Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
And more than likely the "4 miscellaneous political rants" are about things that could affect our ability to own any gun in the future.

Another forum I hang at every so often warned about a "political" item related to the recent shooting (massacres) and the efforts to achieve substantial, meaningful gun control in this country. Well, I hate to tell everyone that owning a gun in this country is highly political so, whether we like it or not, we're political! Kind of hard to avoid on a gun forum IMO!!

Even a fudd gun forum, since variations of all weapons, in their design started out as "weapons of war"! The "attacker" in Dayton, Ohio could just as easy drove his Toyota Camry onto 5th Street at high speed, pedal to the metal and then swerved up onto the sidewalk and killed and injured as many, if not more than he did with a "weapon of war"! And, he would most likely still be alive!

I believe we are at a cross road and the subject is critical to our SA rights and needs to be discussed!
You are correct in that the "world as we know it" 2A wise is likely change. I think it's a foregone conclusion, when and how much are the only questions. We can talk (or argue) amongst ourselves but it won't change much. We're more or less all in the same camp here. The link to contacts for congressional officials Bigdog posted in another thread may be the best bet to influence anything. Like I mentioned in my state of GA we're solid at the moment. Some of the members here are in states that aren't quite that way. If you live in one of those areas call/write your elected officials!!! I'd suggest letting them hear what you're thinking in a NICE way. If you come at them sideways screaming "shall not be infringed upon" it may not come off well. JMO...

More on track with the original post, like Uncle Chuck said, this time of summer things get quiet. I believe sales of firearms are down across the board too so there's fewer new shooters looking for advice on oil and stuff :-)
Chuck43 likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #7

I understand your concern, but I am on several other pistol forums and they're pretty much the same right now.

The main difference is that friendliness that is here that includes the joke, weather/good morning, "it's Friday" threads that maintain humor and connection in between between gun and politics posts.

The only other subjects that wake up this forum (and others) is 1) a new product 2) a problem with a new purchase 3) whining about how bad quality control and customer service is (usually before they read the Owners Manuals) and 4) a gunsmithing question (new sights, new springs, new mags, etc.).

The S&W forum (outside of serious collectors' conversations) still has people discussing how hard it is to rack Shield slides or should they upgrade to M&P 2.0s or Apex; the Glock forums have a bunch of
is the p365 just a Glock 4xxx, the coolest new non-OEM parts etc., etc.

Relax, enjoy or skip is my advice.
Chuck43 and bhunted like this.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #8

I discuss the situation of forums AND donate money to the NRA and others. Just sent $$ to GOA, Buckeye Firearms and the SAF! Next month, I'll send to Judicial Watch and NRA-ILA (I'm a life member). I'm not fond of the NRA's recent BS with Wayne Lapierre but they are still the big dog on the block for now. I still like the GOA a bit better.

They all want your money and all hound you to give and since I retired at the end of last year I don't have a lot of free cash so I carefully spread around what I can!

I vote in every election and speak my mind about the issues. If you don't vote, you give up your "bitchin rights" IMO! But the situation is getting turned on gun owners and SA believers and I'm not sure things are trending for us long term.

Now is the time for SA believers to be motivated to vote, send cash, join SA groups and write or call your reps and let them know what you stand for. JMHO!
Chuck43 and bhunted like this.

© 2019

Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #9

So now it's only 2 of the top 11..LOL..
Chuck43 and Bigdog like this.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #10

IMO, the Kimber Forum is more like a "family"! Everyone, for the most part, is friendly and helpful here. There have been sibling fights but for the most part, it's a great neighborhood to hang around at. A lot of the atmosphere is dictated by our moderator who sets this friendly tone.

Take care and enjoy your day......
Chuck43, Mini Me, DaveinNC and 2 others like this.

© 2019