Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Doons
  • 1 Post By Bigdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #1

Range Report Sir!

“What kind of range report soldier?”

“haaaaarmy report sir!”

So, the end first... I'm keeping the Pro TLE! If that is the extent of your interest, please feel free to move on.

No pic’s, forgot about it and my phone was in the range bag.

Started with 14 rounds at 5 yards, ok, shoots straight when I don’t F-up. By mess up I mean not inside the 8 ring; point shooting. Move on to shot timer and shooting from concealment... comfortable and again, when I don’t screw up, comes out clean and ready to impress. Mentioned before the feel vs my PCII. It’s the front strap, the knurling makes a huge difference. Wilson Combat has a $10, grip held piece that gets decent reviews. Going to order it and try. Don’t care much what it looks like. The PCII will be my IDPA shooter.

Stats:

120 rounds of WWB 230 FMJ, FTF, appeared to be mag related. The next 60 rounds, a mix of the WWB and 20 Federal HST 230 hollows sprinkled in, was perfect. The mag that was in the gun when the FTF happened, was the black one that came with the TLE. So, black is bad, silver is good... hey I’ve made it 65 years being simple minded

My draw, news not as good. Have not been practicing and it showed. My Cubs WS Champs hoodie didn’t help but I wear that sometimes when I am pack’n. Avg to first shot, 2.33 with follow up of the dbl tap pretty consistently at 0.31. Last time I shot with the timer I was at a 1.78 avg from holster to first shot... had a Hawaiian type shirt on. I need to practice at home; Sans the bullets.....

Love the TLE... confident using it as my carry!

BTW, on comments from this forum, I have a Winthrop Pancake coming for it. It was used from my Galco Combat today.

Peace brother KT folks....
Markie, JC45, Cybercycle and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Doons; 01-17-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Doons is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #2

I carry mine too, after pretty much the same results. I have both a Winthrop, and a Wright Leather works for it. The Wright is better, but the Winthrop is my "hard work and sweat" holster and it has held up fine!
Doons likes this.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:39 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
I carry mine too, after pretty much the same results. I have both a Winthrop, and a Wright Leather works for it. The Wright is better, but the Winthrop is my "hard work and sweat" holster and it has held up fine!
Thought I would try it, it looks solid. If it doesnít work for me, not a significant investment. Iím sure it will work fine for shooting Clinics I attend. I will get another Galco for it, for carry. Looked at Wright, they look very nice!
Doons is online now   Reply With Quote