Kimber Talk Forums banner

Brand new 84M missing parts!!!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim in NV 
#1 ·
So, a friend of mine brought his brand new, in the box, 84M Montana (the one with the box magazine) 6.5 Creedmore over to my house and asked me to clean the bore prior to hm taking it to the range. Well, as soon as I looked at it, I asked him, "where is the magazine?" There is no follower and no spring. I don't know if anything else is missing or not as I am not familiar with this model. He looked in the box and everywhere he could think of and it appears the gun was shipped with no magazine parts. He is about 900 miles away from where he bought it and all I can think of doing is to try to find the parts and just buy them. It sucks, but what else can he do?
Any ideas/help?

#3 ·
I agree with Bigdog a call to customer service and explain the issue would be first and only thing on my list. I'm sure they will take care of it.

#6 ·
Update: Monday morning, first thing. I called Kimber's Customer Service and spoke with a very pleasant young lady. After providing the purchase info and S/N, she told me that she would send the missing parts (magazine box, spring, & follower) to me at no charge. According to the S/N, the 84M was made in Dec. of '19. The white tag on the stock inside the mag well says "05/05/19MFG", that must be the date the stock was made.
So, if all goes as she promised, I should get the needed/missing parts in a few days. I can't ask for more or better service than that. It took about 30 minutes on the phone, but what else does an old guy like me have to do on a Monday morning?
I will try to post here when the parts arrive. Thanks for your advice on this matter.

#9 ·
Here is an update on the missing parts. When I arrived home Sunday evening (after being gone a week), the big padded envelope from Kimber via UPS was waiting for me; inside it were the magazine box and spring, but NO follower!!!! So, first thing on Monday morning I called Kimber's Customer Service and told them my story (again), I was speaking with Eric this time around and he told me that he would follow up on the missing follower and get one sent to me. I'm still waiting and trying my best to remain patient; I called on Monday a.m. and it is only now Thursday P.M. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the follower arrives within the next few days as I really don't want to call Customer Service and tell my story again.
I'll post back in a few days with a follow up and hopefully a happy ending to this saga.

#10 ·
I called CS again this past Tuesday and spoke again with Eric. He remembered me and promised to follow-up on the missing follower. Later that same day, I got email notices from both Kimber CS and UPS that a delivery was coming my way with an arrival date of next Tuesday (2/25/20). I'll post again after the package arrives.

#12 ·
Tuesday evening and UPS just delivered the missing magazine follower! I just installed it and checked for function; all works just as intended.
No more single shot 84M!!
Thanks to Eric at Kimber Customer Service!!!
That is the end of this saga. Thanks also to everyone here on the forum who offered support/advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.