Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By RickByus
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By DeOlMan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2020, 05:50 PM   #1

ITarget

I was getting bummed with all the rain and snow and just generally bad weather. I ordered Itarget to practice at the house. It works pretty well with a few cravats. It is really sensitive to stray light being the main one. While not the same it does allow me to practice trigger pull which is my biggest problem. Getting old and had a few mild strokes both of which have caused some arm weakness.
BUT I have a very beautiful and tolerant wife who indulges me and doesn't get weirded out with me shooting beams of light down the hallway.
There may be better products on the market but for now this works. BTW does anyone use something else that works better, inquiring minds want to know.
Chuck43 and DeOlMan like this.
RickByus is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #2

I have the gsight unit..everything in the house has been killed time and time again..
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_E02EF77937BD-1.jpeg (623.2 KB, 4 views)
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
I have the gsight unit..everything in the house has been killed time and time again..
Looks nice. Seems about the same only different. I drilled a little hole so I could mount the target/iphone holder to a camera tripod for easy setup. I figure once I play with it a bit I will get the sensitivity thing figured out better. Putting it at the end of hallway though works well and gives me the most distance.

Old 02-08-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I've been using the laserlyte system for about 5 years now. I have the .380, 9mm and .45 training bullets, the laser target and plinking cans. I've used it to introduce new shooters to guns and entertain the grandchildren for hours.
RickByus likes this.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:04 AM   #5

Kitchen ceiling targets 75 ft across from me..:d
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
Kitchen ceiling targets 75 ft across from me..:d
The furthest I can get is 44ft. But that is a pretty good range for me. I am wondering how it will translate to actual range results.
I did notice a couple things. Practicing trigger pull and grip is easier but not near as much fun without the bang. Nor having to drive out to the range and clean afterwards is nice but you don't get the conversations and laughs.
Guess the old saying holds true, "everything in life is a trade off."
Old 02-09-2020, 05:59 PM   #7
Super Moderator

July 2017, I had 3 cervical discs replaced, I wore a neck brace for 6 weeks and wasn't allowed to shoot a gun for 6 months. I went bananas, I shot my Ultra Tactical .45 with a laserlyte bullet at 20' everyday. After 6 months with the doc's approval my son took me to the range and I used my Ultra Tactical with my .22 conversion kit on it. My son and I were astonished at how well I was shooting, I was shooting like I did 25 years earlier when I was competing regularly. Yes, dry fire or laser firing will translate to better range performance if you take the time to practice.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #8

I have used ITarget for some time now and like it. I also use shootoffapp. With shootoffapp I can use two cameras so I am not shooting the same direction all of the time. (ShootOFF - Free Dry Fire Laser Firearm Training Software) When I need feedback I use the Mantisx as well. The range is much more costlier than ITarget though.

Dryfire is absolutely one of the best ways to improve a person's skills. And it's cheap as well.
Chuck43 likes this.
DeOlMan is offline   Reply With Quote