LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2020, 08:45 PM   #1

Went to takedown my ultra carry II Crimson trace

and INSTALL NIGHT SIGHTS...
WELL..I had read somewhere that a guy said.. installing sights on a kimber
required a MAN , A BOY, AND AN ELEPHANT.. to assist.. as getting sights on or
off a kimber was a PAIN IN THE ASS... lol

well..yup..sorta..lol

the factory front sight tapped out nicely...
however the trijicon sight went back in i think to easily. and yes it is the
exact sight required. I sent off a email to Trijicon, saying I didnt have full confidence it would stay put.
They responded.. well send it back to us.. I said i would after i tried it out..say 200 rnds. to see if its going to come off, or not..

the rear sight... well..it came off somewhat easy.. I used a hard phenolic punch..
as recommended, then a part fell out of some hole there..after the sight came off..
lol ok i found it..put it back in its hole.. ( let me say here..im a series 70 & 1911 A1 guy, theirs nothing under the sights..)
So after I put the new night-sight 2/3 of the way on, i decided to call it a night..
so as i was getting into bed..this lumpy hard thing was poking me..i located it..
it was a dam spring ! little dude.. i wondered..where the heck did that come from..
then i realized...it must have flown out of that dam hole and landed on me and ended up in the bedroom.... lol ... so i looked up a exploded diagram.. yep.. safety block spring..or some bs like that...
so the next day i had to knock that sight back a bit to get that dude in the hole..and then proceeded to use a larger brass punch, and got that sight to go right on... locktite speck on the screw threads..and i was done..
all in all.. very nice job.
TAKING DOWN A ULTRA CARRY WAS A BIT DIFFERENT.. I HAD ORDERED A COOL LITTLE TOOL THAT ASSISTED IN IT.. FROM KIMBER, BUT I THINK THIS ONE GUY ON YOUTUBE HAS A BETTER WAY... JUST USING A PAPER CLIP AFTER REMOVING THE SLIDE. WELL IT WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS EITHER WAY.. LOL

IM THINKING OF HAVING IT CHROMED..CANT SAY I REALLY LIKED THE CERECOAT OPTION..
I THINK ELECTROLESS BORON NICKEL WOULD LOOK AWESOME.
AND ITS INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH, DOESNT SCRATCH OR FLAKE EVER UNDER NORMAL USE.

WOULD LOOK MORE LIKE A TOTAL STEEL GUN INSTEAD OF HALF AND HALF... I LOVE THE ALUM FRAME FOR WEIGHTLOSS.. BUT IT JUST LOOKS..LIKE FAKE METAL.

GONNA FIX THAT.

THIS IS "THE" GO TO PLACE

Metaloy, Industries - Professional Gun Finishing - hard chrome, blue and polymer finish
cousinmark likes this.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:18 PM   #2

Quite a story. My saga would be similar except I would not end up with the new sights on there without help ha ha.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote