frustrated and becoming broke - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

frustrated and becoming broke

hey everyone, this is curly. I am trying to install a set of hi-viz sites on a friends gun. my site pusher does not let the slide sit in the correct position to push out front site. I used(and chewed up) brass punches.no success. I even used arkasas stones to try to shave a minimal amount off the sight to make it esier to punch in. no success. I even ruined one front site and had to replace it for him. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #2

Check Dawson Precisions site for instructions. They have a video on their site too
Mike240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #3

sight adjustment

I had to buy the $700 tool (Browneles) to adjust the rear sights on my Kimber. That was after all other exhausted attempts.
Harleystoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Harleystoo is right. Sometimes we just have to give in and either dedicate ourselves to the task or take the task to someone else who already has. Unless you intend to do a lot of site replacement, take it to a smith and have them do it. They have already invested the $700.

PS. Harley, what ya ridin?

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

Cost

My smith charged me $30 to take off the original and install Meprolight Night sights on mine. He's a real gun smith, too, who can manufacture parts that are obsolete in his shop, i.e. firing pins on old arms.
Freedom1 is offline   Reply With Quote