Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hoffbrew
  • 1 Post By medezyner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #1

Another holster question: 6" long slide

My small .357 rides nice in a simple belt slide Bianchi model 57 (aka Safariland Remedy). I like the retention and how tight it rides against my side. I think for under $40 its a phenomenal value. Although my stainless LS with compensator will be like trying to conceal a bazooka, I think if I can find a good high ride holster, the barrel wont be sticking out the bottom of my riding duster (jk). I'm not expecting to pay $40 for this behemoth, but there must be a few (cant & no thumb break) holsters out there that I can afford. The Mernickle Extreme High Ride PS6 at $95+ shipping is pushing my budget too far. (No income..thank you covid19) The Dragon Leatherworks "Executive" for $65+shipping seems like a very good value, but I know nothing about them. Anyone have a Dragon Leatherworks holster? Maybe another suggestion? Thanks!
Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #2

Try kggunholsters he is a member here, he will make you what you want and won’t break the bank.
C. Rusty Sherrick, this is another, I have a high ride from both of them but for my 3” Ultras. Not sure how top heavy it would be with a 6” but worth a call and talk to them both

* I tried to put link but won’t let me post them, getting an error?
Chuck43 and medezyner like this.

Always be ready - 5.11
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Hoffbrew View Post
Try kggunholsters he is a member here, he will make you what you want and won’t break the bank.
C. Rusty Sherrick, this is another, I have a high ride from both of them but for my 3” Ultras. Not sure how top heavy it would be with a 6” but worth a call and talk to them both

* I tried to put link but won’t let me post them, getting an error?
Thanks Hoffbrew, I'll check them out. I was thinking the exact thing - will the combo of high ride and 6" make it top heavy. It will probably be all about the construction details. Might require some reinforcement panels or a bit heavier leather. Below is the Dragon (L) Mernickle (R). I'll talk to those guys, they'll know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragon exec_black_1911.jpg (137.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PS6R1 The Extreme - High Rise - Autos.jpg (22.5 KB, 0 views)
Hoffbrew likes this.