Didn't know what I would do. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Didn't know what I would do.

This is nothing compared to what Chico had to deal with at his mall but it will make you stop and think.

Me and my wife and grandson where checking out at Walmart this morning when a fight broke out Between a couple of idiots, I always thought I would jump in and try and stop them. My response was just opposite. I got my wife and my grandson behind me, with me between the guys fighting and myself. I never took my eyes off the guys and never thought about jumping in. My thoughts where my wife and grandson and the others around me. Thankfully no weapons where seen and the fight stopped about as fast as it started with all party's involved leaving. But it did make me realize why I carry. Just thought thought I would share the story, I don't think anyone was in danger from these idiots but it did make me think.

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #2

That falls under the category of "Ain't my business" and the only thing different that I would do is I would have opened up some chips n dip and watched the hoosiers go at it....

Another reason I don't do WallyWorld.....

People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart
Oreste, Zoomybaby, Jflytle and 3 others like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Banned

Unless directly attacked, I would prefer to retreat. 100% in the right, being the hero, with a gun, the politics could override the reality. They could pounce on you, hammer & tongs, destroying your peace and security while second guessing everything. No thanks. Being an anonymous survivor sounds fine to me.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #4

To me, as someone else who carries, that's seems to be the correct response. The only thing I'd add is that I'd carefully move the family members and myself away from the action.
Chuck43, Oreste, Lineman and 1 others like this.
bluzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #5

Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
To me, as someone else who carries, that's seems to be the correct response. The only thing I'd add is that I'd carefully move the family members and myself away from the action.
We where far enough away with others between us I felt OK so long as no weapons where seen

Chuck43 likes this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:39 PM   #6
Banned

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
We where far enough away with others between us I felt OK so long as no weapons where seen
This being the holiday season of Peace and Joy, a fight over an $6.99 toy could turn into a full scale riot.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #7

That's the folks who don't vote or liberals that don't carry.
Chuck43 and Zoomybaby like this.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #8

You did the right thing Zoomy. As someone added, I might also have just split!!!
But yes, that is why we carry. It can happen any place, any time when you least expect it. Same reason we put our seat belts on before even starting the car.
Chuck43 and Zoomybaby like this.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #9

Zoomy, I think your experience was exactly like mine in more ways than one.

I thought I was "prepared," and when the balloon went up I would do as trained. Yet, a simple stampede of screaming teenage girls separated me from my wife when she needed me the most--if only to reassure her.

Maybe we should start a new department here. Call it, "Fix my screw-ups."

I have a bad feeling about this--meaning this "new America." I dread lots more violence, even more polarization. I've had a second suburban housewife ask me about firearms this morning at the gym.

We need to share helpful, solid, problem-solving information with our fellow members when these close calls happen.

On a personal note, how are you holding up? If you need to vent...
Old 12-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #10
Super Moderator

I think you responded properly Zoomy, I would have done the same thing.