Kimber and 1911s in general...(rant) - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #1

Kimber and 1911s in general...(rant)

it ruined me...

I can not hold a pistol especially a polymer one and be happy about it without resorting to judgmental/prejudice feelings about the ergos, slide/frame fit, and dat trigger of a randomg pistol and my 1911.

I have to buy trigger kits for my polymer pistolas to make it even somewhat acceptable comparing it to my kimber. I mean who buys a $400 pistol and then buys like $250+ of upgrades immediately afterwards? Even my striker fire friends complain about the spongy/takeup/blah feel of their triggers after firing off my ultra at the range. They never ever complained before about their striker fire and use to sneer at DA/SA hammer handguns. My 12 year old son never shot a handgun in his life was shooting my 1911 and making 4" groups at 10 yards.

I never had this problem until i bought my 1911. My friends who never shot a 1911 before never had this problem until they shot my 1911. II am at the point where I can only make comparison of my 1911 to other 1911s because everything else is "substandard".

I sometimes wish i was ignorant and then i can go on without judging the various makes and firearms. Nowadays, I don't even bother going to a local gun store to check out other carry options because I know I will be disappointed with something. Lol man i hate thinking this way.

I dunno why i made this post but perhaps i will eventually be more open minded. I even feel that i don't need another 1911 because the one i have is my range toy AND carry weapon. How blasphemous is that?

Ya'll have a great weekend!

-Shinobi1
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
Banned

An even better triggers are found on S&W revolvers.
Lineman and shin0bi1 like this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #3

It sounds like you still need a Pro model Kimber and a full size 5" so you can do a complete comparison then after you have done this you can probably add a micro.
Personally I am not sure how anybody can own just one Kimber. I started thinking I needed just one to fill that void. I now own three Kimbers and I am actively searching for #4.
bhunted, shin0bi1 and JC45 like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #4

I can feel your excitement. I can surely relate to it. Kimber 1911 style has ruined me as well. My biggest problem is that I like to have a collection. I don't think it's just pistols... I've collected things from zippo lighters to guitars. My wife always asked me when I buy a new one what do I need another one for? I always hit her with the question "What do you need more than one pair of shoes for?"
shin0bi1 likes this.
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:10 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shin0bi1 View Post
I even feel that i don't need another 1911 because the one i have is my range toy AND carry weapon. How blasphemous is that?

Ya'll have a great weekend!

-Shinobi1
I used to think like that after I bought my first Kimber but I soon sobered up and got my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th... well you get the idea, you can never have too many Kimbers.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:34 AM   #6

Welcome to "The Real World." I will say I have fired a "plastic" pistol didn't care for it so I have never owned one. However three days ago I picked up Kimber number Nine. So good luck with thinking one will be enough.
shin0bi1 and roketdoc like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #7

Guys you are only making my problems worse by thinking that I need more Kimbers lol

I am really trying hard to save up my pennies this year and this thread is not helping

-Shin0bi1
roketdoc likes this.
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #8
Banned

Originally Posted by shin0bi1 View Post
Guys you are only making my problems worse by thinking that I need more Kimbers lol

I am really trying hard to save up my pennies this year and this thread is not helping

-Shin0bi1
I only have one. A great 1911, but so are Colts, Sigs, Springers, Dan Wessons, etc.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:30 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to krunchnik
I have owned and shot striker fired pistol-never liked them.I have currently zero polymer wonders and probably will not have anything besides metal guns.I do like the triggers on the CZ series and clones although-and the Berretta style double actions also.But once again nothing in polymer.I am currently looking for another Kimber in 9mm-bring on the Duo Tone Ultra Carry II-I know this isn't helping but I also can't help myself.
shin0bi1 and roketdoc like this.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #10

Originally Posted by fifthgear View Post
I can feel your excitement. I can surely relate to it. Kimber 1911 style has ruined me as well. My biggest problem is that I like to have a collection. I don't think it's just pistols... I've collected things from zippo lighters to guitars. My wife always asked me when I buy a new one what do I need another one for? I always hit her with the question "What do you need more than one pair of shoes for?"
I have a Zippo collection as well!
shin0bi1 likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote