Shot Show 2016 in general and Kimber - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #1

Shot Show 2016 in general and Kimber

Any of you guys digging the new products of Shot Show 2016.

I like the new Magpul products of their bolt action receiver stock replacement and other light weight stocks. I like the M-LOK design over the tradition keyhole design for accessories. I like Bravo Company/Daniel Defense ARs as well. There are also a few lightweight 308 AR variants coming out which is pretty exciting. I think DPMS's .308 AR was the best bang for the buck for awhile and now there is competition which is a good thing. And one more thing, there is an affordable 1-8x Hi-Lux CMR8 scope that I am really interested in.

One last thing to note, I am digging the new Kimber's 6-shot conceal carry revolver. How do you revolver fans compare this to other tradition manufacters like SmithWesson and Ruger's revolvers.

-Shin0bi1
Josey Wales likes this.
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #2

More competition in the 308 AR platform is not a bad thing, but I still prefer my M1A. The new Kimber revolver looks nice. I think the jury will be out until they hit the street and we get some owner perspective. I for one, don't see it displacing my Colt snakes for hearts-and-minds
Chuck43 and shin0bi1 like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #3

I am interested in the revolver but will give it some time.....
Chuck43 and Lineman like this.

" Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Hiya Josey...

Great seeing you here...Don't be a stranger..Hope all is well at the Crooked River Ranch..
Josey Wales likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #5

Hey there stranger, Josey! Welcome back!
Josey Wales likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Welcome back stranger, it good to see you're alive and well Dan.
Josey Wales and shin0bi1 like this.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #7

Thanks guys, right now I'm recovering from a near heart attack. We were on a cruise ship over Christmas when it happened, I wont bore ya with details but what a nightmare, third world care once we got back to port in Ft Lauderdale anyway I'm patched up again, 4th stent third event with my heart..... seems like I am on the 7 yr plan (every 7 yrs I get stents) anyway glad to be here. We have dove into Cowboy action and revolvers a lot more, sold a couple Kimbers my RCP and the Solo DC and have stocked up on every kind of western shooter you can imagine, got into reloading cause those 45 colt rounds can be scarce and pricey. Its all good, glad to see everyone still here. I am on the Ruger forum here and there, AKA Gus Grizzle my SASS name.
Here's a couple of new ones 45 colt Vaqueros birds head grips 3.75 barrels Talo, in one of my leather sets.

I APOLOGIZE TO THE O/P for the hi-jack on the thread
Chuck43, Marshall and shin0bi1 like this.

" Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

Last edited by Josey Wales; 02-04-2016 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Sorry for the hi-jack
Old 02-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Beautiful looking guns, Dan, is that scrimshaw on the knife handle? If so do you have a picture of it you could post?
Josey Wales likes this.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Beautiful looking guns, Dan, is that scrimshaw on the knife handle? If so do you have a picture of it you could post?
Just the bear head is, I'll get a better picture and post it later....
Chuck43 likes this.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #10

Thanks guys, right now I'm recovering from a near heart attack. We were on a cruise ship over Christmas when it happened, I wont bore ya with details but what a nightmare, third world care once we got back to port in Ft Lauderdale anyway I'm patched up again, 4th stent third event with my heart..... seems like I am on the 7 yr plan (every 7 yrs I get stents) anyway glad to be here. We have dove into Cowboy action and revolvers a lot more, sold a couple Kimbers my RCP and the Solo DC and have stocked up on every kind of western shooter you can imagine, got into reloading cause those 45 colt rounds can be scarce and pricey. Its all good, glad to see everyone still here. I am on the Ruger forum here and there, AKA Gus Grizzle my SASS name.
Here's a couple of new ones 45 colt Vaqueros birds head grips 3.75 barrels Talo, in one of my leather sets.

I APOLOGIZE TO THE O/P for the hi-jack on the thread
Great to see these pic's. Looks like a Silver Stag knife?
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber shot show 16

Click on a term to search for related topics.