What did you do to your Kimber today? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #1

What did you do to your Kimber today?

I did a trigger job to my micro 380... chime in, maybe someone has an accessory or modification that they have done that will inspire someone else ...cheers!
Zoomybaby likes this.
BigMedicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Banned

Lets hear about the trigger job. Before after improvements? I did a job on my Stainless II, last year, and plan to go into it again, now that I have better stones.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Zoomybaby like this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #3

I changed the MSN on one of my Kimbers last night. Before and after.

Chuck43, Marshall, glokrok and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 02-15-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
I changed the MSN on one of my Kimbers last night. Before and after.
I also did my MSH today....Out with the old and in with the new...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160204_131951.jpg (98.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20160204_123758.jpg (266.6 KB, 5 views)
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #5

Unloaded the range bag, wiped down the SIS and Stainless Ultra Carry, Ruger's and back into the safe. Going to shoot them again before cleaning.
Hoffbrew likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #6

I took my Micro to a very talented gunsmith about an hour ago. I'm sure it'll void the warranty but don't care
Zoomybaby and swca like this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #7

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
Lets hear about the trigger job. Before after improvements? I did a job on my Stainless II, last year, and plan to go into it again, now that I have better stones.
I didn't have to stone the sear, it was about perfect as far as I was concerned, but the trigger pull, which Kimber states is in the 7lbs. range wasn't even close. I was getting right around 9.25 lbs. on my scale. The sear spring of the micro only has two fingers, unlike its bigger siblings that have three. I found that the two fingers in the micro have to be manipulated with equal pressure as to keep them both on the same curve as you look at the profile side of the spring. The reason you want adjust both equally is, they both apply equal pressure to the sear. The finger on the left also gives tension to the ejector, which really does not need any more than a couple of pounds of pressure to ensure its operation. If you only adjust the sear spring finger on the right you will notice that the trigger pull develops little hiccups, or a slight grittiness if you will. I discovered that issue on my first attempt ...(which by the way I did measured on my scale and found that I had only reduced the trigger pull by 2 lbs.)
So I dove back into it, and after taking a good look at how the sear is tripped, I figured it was timing why I felt the grittiness. That's when I thought both fingers would have to be slightly bent with equal pressure. So after a little more tweeting, I put it back together and measured the trigger pull and found it to be at 5.5 - 5.75 lbs. the trigger is back to being crisp and much lighter, I am happy with how it turned out ...sorry for the long winded response.

Last edited by BigMedicine; 02-04-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:22 PM   #8

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
I also did my MSH today....Out with the old and in with the new...
That's the first thing I did to my TLE Pro Carry II, I did not like the idea of the plastic MSH so I bought an Ed Brown version and replaced it.
Marshall likes this.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #9
Banned

Originally Posted by BigMedicine View Post
I didn't have to stone the sear, it was about perfect as far as I was concerned, but the trigger pull, which Kimber states is in the 7lbs. range wasn't even close. I was getting right around 9.25 lbs. on my scale. The sear spring of the micro only has two fingers, unlike its bigger siblings that have three. I found that the two fingers in the micro have to be manipulated with equal pressure as to keep them both on the same curve as you look at the profile side of the spring. The reason you want adjust both equally is, they both apply equal pressure to the sear. The finger on the left also gives tension to the ejector, which really does not need any more than a couple of pounds of pressure to ensure its operation. If you only adjust the sear spring finger on the right you will notice that the trigger pull develops little hiccups, or a slight grittiness if you will. I discovered that issue on my first attempt ...(which by the way I did measured on my scale and found that I had only reduced the trigger pull by 2 lbs.)
So I dove back into it, and after taking a good look at how the sear is tripped, I figured it was timing why I felt the grittiness. That's when I thought both fingers would have to be slightly bent with equal pressure. So after a little more tweeting, I put it back together and measured the trigger pull and found it to be at 5.5 - 5.75 lbs. the trigger is back to being crisp and much lighter, I am happy with how it turned out ...sorry for the long winded response.
Great detail. Most people are afraid to get to deep into the mechanics of a firearm. In my experience, if you're not grinding pieces on a high speed wheel, most everything can be reversed, so give it a try.

My Kimber's trigger got moderately lighter, but the crispness I did not get, which is what I wanted most of all. My recent knife sharpening and polishing acquired skills should allow me to squeeze out the improvements from my Kimber. Maybe in April, when the weather improves.
BigMedicine likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 PM   #10

Slapped the new 7 round mag that I bought at Sportsmans Warehouse into the wife's new Micro Belair. Fits, clicks, holds slide open and ejects perfectly. I need a nap now.
Marshall, Lineman, Spotly and 1 others like this.

Search tags for this page
how to reduce trigger pull on kimber micro 9

kimber micro 380 trigger job

kimber micro sear spring
Click on a term to search for related topics.