• 2 Post By Markie
  • 5 Post By Snake15
  • 3 Post By Chuck43
  • 6 Post By Deputy347k9
  • 3 Post By Snake15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #1

Police Officers do more than you think.

I was turning into Burger King for lunch today and a man pulled right up next to me in a empty parking lot. Rolled down his passenger side window. OK I don't have any money I am getting ready to say, He proceeded to ask me where I got my Support our Police lettering on my truck. I told him I had some in my office and if he stopped by I would give him some and take him to the man that made my others. Two hours later he shows up. I give him my decals, take him over to my guy and he orders the same stuff I have on my truck.
We go back to my office and I get to talking to him. He's 100 percent Disabled Veteran, Injury while deployed. I ask him if he has family that's in Law Enforcement or is like me and just tired of the media making the Police the bad guy. He said nope. He was dealing with his injury, life and everything else, and tried to kill himself. The Police Officers that responded to the call kept him from doing that. They still stop by his house have a cup of coffee with him and check on him. These Officers continue to go beyond the call to help him and He wants to show his support now.
So to the man speeding that thinks the Cops are assholes for writing them a ticket, or the thug that wants to harm the Cops because they are friggin idiots. Remind them that there is a 2 year little girl that thinks Police Officers are pretty great, because her daddy was home tonight to tuck her in.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 02-09-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #2

Zoomy, thanks for sharing.
Lineman, Zoomybaby and speedydg13 like this.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #3

Zoomy, I work in NYC most of the time. I've done work for the NYPD and many other Police Departments. Its a shame how these men and women are portrayed. They work in some of the worst communities in the country and they literally risk their lives everyday and they have a Mayor who is a complete A-Hole and gives them no support. These Officers are trying to keep people safe with both hands tied behind their backs. Now they have to look the other way instead of protecting people the way they are capable of. Hopefully the voters put someone in charge that's capable of helping the Police. Police officers getting shot in NYC is no longer a shock it's become normal. The politicians want to make you believe it's guns but it's the politicians and the judges. The majority of people have way more respect for the NYPD then the government officials.
MPO Southy and Snake15 like this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2016, 06:18 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Unfortunately police departments have become political footballs and the majority of politicians are only interested in getting reelected. If that means throwing the police under the buss then so be it.
MPO Southy likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #5

Thanks for posting this Zoomy, a good story. I support our police department, I know I sometime see a wreck with 6 police cars working the scene and say, why so many? I might not know the whole story behind it. They have a job that not many want, they leave home in the morning or evening to begin a shift and do not know if they will return home at night to their families.
MPO Southy and Zoomybaby like this.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #6

Politicians and a shameful amount of citizens feel the police are a necessary evil it's true, until the crap hits the fan, then jump back boys let the police handle that. The next day there just a nuisance that bother decent people, you know writing useless traffic tickets. How have we come to a time where a minute percent of our society dictate such hate towards safety forces? Respect our laws and obey the lawful orders of the police, and enjoy life. Easy for us law abiding folks who respect EACH OTHER. Just my feelings..........
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Unfortunately police officers are not stupid and from what I've been hearing from some of our local officers is that in our area response times to calls has been growing. The town next to ours is grossly understaffed, they had 30 something applicants that had passed all the entrance tests. By the time they decided to accept 2 recruits the number had dropped to 12, the other 18 were no longer interested in taking a position in law enforcement. What's next, our Fire Fighters and the EMT's?
MPO Southy, Zoomybaby and Markie like this.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #8

Zoomy wonderful story! Those that have received tickets or arrested will seldom have a good word. I have had numerous complaints for driving far to fast when the caller never knew what I was responding to. Yet if they called and I went routine I was a slaking SOB! I can not begin to tell you how many children my wife has fed for me, at all hours of the night. We have purchased groceries, Christmas presents for the children and countless jackets for both children and adults. Everyone I ever arrested I treated as I would want my child to be treated, again if they became flaming azzholes then I would do what I had to do. I have had a good number of arrests that would thank me for being kind to them, hell they only screwed up. It's a fine line between them and us, don't ever forget it! God bless our men and women that serve and protect us, may they all go home this evening. I have attend far to many funerals for my brothers and sisters. God's speed.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #9

Deputy nailed it. The behind the scenes from the hearts of decent men and women of LE are not seen. They don't brag about these acts, it's just what they do, for whites, blacks, hispanics and asians. When people hate, or dislike, it's the uniform, not who's wearing it. Bless them, and the citizens, all of them, who believe in our country. And in our little community here of good sportsmen on the Kimber site.
Zoomybaby, speedydg13 and Markie like this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote