Flat wire for my !0 mm! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #1

Flat wire for my !0 mm!

Received my flat wire spring kit from Wilson and installed it on Saturday.
The kit for the 10 mm comes with a Shok Buff also. It says it is optional to use or not. I am going to start with it in to see if function is still the same. I like the idea of it reducing the pounding the slide takes with the warmer loads of the 10 mm. The spring is 24 lb. that is an increase of 6 lbs. Over the stock spring that comes in the Eclipse 10 mm. I thought it might make the slide stiff to rack. It actually is smoother and seems easier than the slide did with full length guide rod and round spring.
I will let you know how it runs as soon as I have time to get to the Range again. It looks like it will be the weekend before I can get out to the Range.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Super Moderator

and now you know why all my 4" and 5" 1911's have flat wire recoil springs in them
Insta-Gator likes this.

Last edited by Chuck43; 02-17-2016 at 05:26 AM.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:47 PM   #3

Wink Me Too!

I'm a flat wire fan, too!! My cutesy L-shaped take down tool feels lonely and neglected since the flatwire kit showed up. It has a bad case of "the blues"!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
and know you know why all my 4" and 5" 1911's have flat wire recoil springs in them
Chuck, I learned about the flat wire spring kit from you! I put one in my CDP Pro first now my 10 mm. They really make a difference. I am going to order one for my Raptor II also. I am using slide glide now also. I probably should not post this you will probably be impossible to live with on this forum now!

Now if you could just tell me how to hook up with a beautiful woman that likes to cook and clean house and owns a few nice firearms and has her own fishing gear. My life will be complete!: small feet would help also she would be able to stand closer to the stove and sink!

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm

Last edited by swca; 02-16-2016 at 11:08 PM.
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:35 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by swca View Post
Chuck, I learned about the flat wire spring kit from you! I put one in my CDP Pro first now my 10 mm. They really make a difference. I am going to order one for my Raptor II also. I am using slide glide now also. I probably should not post this you will probably be impossible to live with on this forum now!

Now if you could just tell me how to hook up with a beautiful woman that likes to cook and clean house and owns a few nice firearms and has her own fishing gear. My life will be complete!: small feet would help also she would be able to stand closer to the stove and sink!
Join a fitness center, and go there about 9:30 AM. The one I go to is full of mature adventurous women looking for a fun relationship and very few guys.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #6

Talking Add me to the list

I put a Wilson flat wire kit in my 9mm Tactical Pro. Absolutely flawless.
bluzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #7

...just what I wanted to hear :-)

Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
...so glad to hear that, I have the Wilson kit ordered for my new PRO CDP II 9mm. As the Wilson site shows it at 15# and the Kimber stock spring is listed at 14# I was holding my breath a little. Chuck had posted that you had tried it in your 9mm and as far as he knew it did fine. Hearing the word "FLAWLESS" though from the horses mouth is nice :-)
...on an off topic but bluesy note. If you like acoustic old style stuff (noticed the Robert Johnson pic) check out Stevie Tombstone's site. I met Stevie years ago at a harvest festival in the Ozarks, he can light up a room with an old Epiphone :-)
bluzman likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #8

Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
Worked in my Tactical Pro also.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #9

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
...so glad to hear that, I have the Wilson kit ordered for my new PRO CDP II 9mm. As the Wilson site shows it at 15# and the Kimber stock spring is listed at 14# I was holding my breath a little. Chuck had posted that you had tried it in your 9mm and as far as he knew it did fine. Hearing the word "FLAWLESS" though from the horses mouth is nice :-)
...on an off topic but bluesy note. If you like acoustic old style stuff (noticed the Robert Johnson pic) check out Stevie Tombstone's site. I met Stevie years ago at a harvest festival in the Ozarks, he can light up a room with an old Epiphone :-)
Went to his website and listened to some music. I liked what I heard. Thanks
bluzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #10

Just put a flat wire spring in my Eclipse Target II. Ran a few flawless mags through her. Operation is smooth but has kind of a slight scraping/screeching sound when I rack the slide. Anybody else have that with the flat wire spring in their full size guns?
46QJI is online now   Reply With Quote