I guess l am wierd... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree42Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #1

I guess l am wierd...

I got a problem putting non Kimber parts on my Kimbers. I realized this when l bought these beautiful black VZ grips for my SCP but can't even make myself take the original grips off. I detest the msh on my Stainless Raptor II but not enough to put an Ed Brown anything on my Kimber. I would like to put a flat wire on my 4 & 5 inch but Wilson on my Kimbers? Bothers me. Anyone else have this problem?
Zoomybaby likes this.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

Start with the flat wire recoil spring kit and save the original parts.You can always can go back to the stock look anytime you want. It wont be a visible change and you can experience a smoother slide. (Do not do this until you have first consulted with your analyst first)
cousinmark likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
Old 02-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #3

No problem whatsoever....

Some of the rubber grips that come on a Kimber are plain ugly and my boyz want to look good when they go to the range...

Same thing with the msh...Plain boring and the Ed Brown's or S&A give them a better look...

These are $1K guns with $15 dollar grips/msh on them..That's like wearing a tuxedo with a pair of Chuck Taylor hi tops....

TETO

Old 02-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #4

I guess l am wierd...

Stamp the name Kimber on all your after market parts and your Kimber will say, "What a great owner I have. He put all Genuine Kimber parts on me. I feel like a Super Duper Kimber super hero now!"

PS: Just because its a Kimber doesn't mean they do or use the best of the best! Cheers!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - USCAA - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
Old 02-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #5

Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
I got a problem putting non Kimber parts on my Kimbers. I realized this when l bought these beautiful black VZ grips for my SCP but can't even make myself take the original grips off. I detest the msh on my Stainless Raptor II but not enough to put an Ed Brown anything on my Kimber. I would like to put a flat wire on my 4 & 5 inch but Wilson on my Kimbers? Bothers me. Anyone else have this problem?
Nope. I guess you are weird.
Marshall, Lineman and bhunted like this.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #6
Banned

Lots of superior parts out there to improve the Kimber. If I had cash to burn, I'd upgrade to Wilson Combat Bullet Proof parts for all my 1911s.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
Super Moderator

OK, you're weird, hesitant to replace a recoil spring that requires changing every 800 rounds with one that operates smoother and is good for 8,000 to 10,000 rounds qualifies you.
Marshall, 2sharp2, bhunted and 2 others like this.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:30 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
OK, you're weird, hesitant to replace a recoil spring that requires changing every 800 rounds with one that operates smoother and is good for 8,000 to 10,000 rounds qualifies you.
Once I wear out the recoil springs that I have in my parts drawer I will be switching over the the Wilson Flat Wire...

In these links it states that the "Average Service Life" is 40K rounds....The WFW video says what Chuck states..

Flat-Wire Recoil Spring Kit | Full-Size-Wilson Combat

Flat-Wire Recoil Spring Kit | 4 Compact-Wilson Combat
cousinmark likes this.

Last edited by Marshall; 02-20-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #9

Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
No problem whatsoever....

Some of the rubber grips that come on a Kimber are plain ugly and my boyz want to look good when they go to the range...

Same thing with the msh...Plain boring and the Ed Brown's or S&A give them a better look...

These are $1K guns with $15 dollar grips/msh on them..That's like wearing a tuxedo with a pair of Chuck Taylor hi tops....

TETO
I totally agree with Marshall and Jeff. Kimber charges a pretty penny for their pistols. Why they want to nickle and dime on the MSH and grips is beyond me. Some of their grips, like the raptor, super carry, and a couple of others, are very nice. Some are just Plain Jane. The MSH is the one that baffles me. Retail for a stainless chainlink MSH is $49.95. If Kimber purchased them in bulk, they could probably get them for $30.00. That would complete the Stainless Raptor, front to back. So, why the plastic POS? I don't get it.

So, to answer your question, you may be weird, I don't know, but if you choose to keep your Kimber stock, that is completely up to you and that alone would not make you weird.
Marshall likes this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #10

...maybe "a little"

...kinda like with cars, lots of collectors (I'm not one) keep things stock so I could see that.
...If these are guns you use though I can't see not upgrading to the Wilson spring kits? It bugs me a little that they don't come as stock?
:-)
Closed Thread