Kimber Sapphire - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Kimber Sapphire

I saw the 2014 Kimber catalog online and did not see the Kimber Sapphire Ultra 9mm, with the Blue slide and stuff.
Has Kimber stopped production on it or did I just miss it?
Wife and I both like it, I have not seen one in person.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,269
Seen one at a lgs here in StLou..That is bad to the bone.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 AM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,363
It's still listed on their website but not in the 2014 catalog. They are probably dropping it, from what I've read on various forums the finish is not very durable and wears easily when carried in a holster. Can you say "Safe Queen?"
__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,123
I saw one at a LGS. Looked nice, but as mentioned. Not very practical.
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
I liked it because it was different not because it looked durable. I am OK with the occasional "Safe Queen". It would not be the first thing that I have bought that is NOT "practical".
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,363
Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
I liked it because it was different not because it looked durable. I am OK with the occasional "Safe Queen". It would not be the first thing that I have bought that is NOT "practical".
If you really have your heart set on one there are a couple of them NIB listed on gunbroker.com.
__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
If you really have your heart set on one there are a couple of them NIB listed on gunbroker.com.
Thanks for the headsup. Money is a little tight right now due to a motorcycle accident that my wife and I had in May of 2013. I will keep gunbroker,com in mind.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 5,123
Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Thanks for the headsup. Money is a little tight right now due to a motorcycle accident that my wife and I had in May of 2013. I will keep gunbroker,com in mind.
Ouch!! Hope everyone is all right.
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Ouch!! Hope everyone is all right.
Thanks Islander, It has been a very slow healing process, we are getting better each day.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,139
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
If you really have your heart set on one there are a couple of them NIB listed on gunbroker.com.
Chuck43, looked at those last night on gunbroker.com. Some of the auctions were already at or above MSRP! I am still watching them.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page
is the kimber sapphire 9mm still in production
,
is the kimber sapphire ultra ii 9mm still in production
,

kimber sapphire

,
kimber sapphire forum
,

kimber sapphire owners forum

,
kimber sapphire ultra ii
,

kimber sapphire ultra ii forum

,
kimber sapphire ultra ii production run
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On