My Accountant Says ??? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #1

My Accountant Says ???

Went to my accountant today to discuss my tax filings for next year and my Social Security checks.
My wife and I are both Realtors now and often show homes by ourselves to people we don't know at all hours of the day and night. Of course I am concerned for her safety and mine.
I asked my accountant if I could claim my pistols I purchased last year as a deduction? He said yes and also ammunition for practice. So I will claim my Super Carry Ultra Plus and the Solo I purchased for my wife last year. What do you think about that?
andyjurasek likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Wow, that's great, I think it's about time you started getting in more range time LOL.

Last edited by Chuck43; 01-27-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #3

That's exactly what I think Chuck. But most important you should have seen the look on my wife's face. Kind of took the her by surprise. I am already planning on a new compact sometime this year.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 01-27-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #4

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing! Now if my work would only allow employees to CC.
Marshall likes this.
OscarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #5

Technically we are independent contractors. My sales manager just said don't carry in the office. I understand the importance to keep them concealed because of the impression a client may get.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #6

That's great...My gf works as a mortgage banker and travels locally 70% of the time.She asked if she could carry while she was going between realtors and lenders and her company said no way that it was against company policy.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Just being retired, I don't think I would qualify, but I'm real glad someone can benefit from a tax standpoint by carrying a firearm. Most of the time I feel the IRS has a gun to MY back!!
MPO Southy and Marshall like this.
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #8

I wonder if I could claim some guns and ammo. Last week I had a guy in the office- homeless and kind of crazy. He wouldn't leave. I finally got him out and about five minutes later he came barging in past the receptionist and into my office, only this time he was carrying some sort of bag.

I had no idea what he has- gun-knife-sword- who knows? It was very tense I forcefully demanded that he leave. I directed my secretary to call 911. I had my hand in my pocket on my .38 the whole time. I was prunning scenarios through my head. He finally left, a few seconds before the police arrived.

They knew who he was and said they would find him and issue a trespass warning.

The folks in the office know I carry, but they asked if I had my gun with me. They know I always do, but still they asked, and were glad I had it.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #9

Check with your accountants. I was pleasantly surprised by the answer.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I wonder if I could claim some guns and ammo. Last week I had a guy in the office- homeless and kind of crazy. He wouldn't leave. I finally got him out and about five minutes later he came barging in past the receptionist and into my office, only this time he was carrying some sort of bag.

I had no idea what he has- gun-knife-sword- who knows? It was very tense I forcefully demanded that he leave. I directed my secretary to call 911. I had my hand in my pocket on my .38 the whole time. I was prunning scenarios through my head. He finally left, a few seconds before the police arrived.

They knew who he was and said they would find him and issue a trespass warning.

The folks in the office know I carry, but they asked if I had my gun with me. They know I always do, but still they asked, and were glad I had it.
Glad the encounter worked out for you. Ask your account if personal protection is a deduction. I can't hurt to try!!
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote