Kimber horror story with I hope a happy ending!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #1

Kimber horror story with I hope a happy ending!!

Where do I start? To recap previous post, I purchased Ultra Carry ll CDP on Jan 5th. As I sat in my car admiring my newly purchase, expensive firearm, I noticed the slide would not lock with the magazine in(empty). Went back into the store hoping they would know what was wrong. Tried different mags, but to no avail. They offered to send it back to Kimber. I called them instead and they said if it wasn't the mags., than it had to be a defective slide lock pin. They sent me a new one and it seemed to fix the problem. Then I noticed the ambi safety had a lot of play and I took it to a gunsmith who found out one of the fingers on the safeties were broken, and no piece was in the gun. Called Kimber and they sent a new one and I had the gunsmith replace it. Went to the range, and after about 50 rounds, I now notice the slide lock pin creeping out' Tried with different mags with the same results. Called Kimber and they said to send it in. After 4 weeks, I get a called that, thank G-d, they duplicated the problem and said it was a defective frame and the Ambi safety was causing it. The ordered a new frame, tested it and will be sent to my FFL. Here"s the bummer, because it is a new serial number, I have to wait another 10 days for background check.
They had it for 71/2 weeks, more than I had it. They assured me that it will be better than a new one because of all the testing. I hope so. I will update after the first range trip in 10 days. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
meschweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #2

After all that you have to wait another 10 days. That's rough, but at least it's fixed. Good luck when you get to shoot it and post some pictures.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #3

Originally Posted by meschweitzer View Post
Where do I start? To recap previous post, I purchased Ultra Carry ll CDP on Jan 5th. As I sat in my car admiring my newly purchase, expensive firearm, I noticed the slide would not lock with the magazine in(empty). Went back into the store hoping they would know what was wrong. Tried different mags, but to no avail. They offered to send it back to Kimber. I called them instead and they said if it wasn't the mags., than it had to be a defective slide lock pin. They sent me a new one and it seemed to fix the problem. Then I noticed the ambi safety had a lot of play and I took it to a gunsmith who found out one of the fingers on the safeties were broken, and no piece was in the gun. Called Kimber and they sent a new one and I had the gunsmith replace it. Went to the range, and after about 50 rounds, I now notice the slide lock pin creeping out' Tried with different mags with the same results. Called Kimber and they said to send it in. After 4 weeks, I get a called that, thank G-d, they duplicated the problem and said it was a defective frame and the Ambi safety was causing it. The ordered a new frame, tested it and will be sent to my FFL. Here"s the bummer, because it is a new serial number, I have to wait another 10 days for background check.
They had it for 71/2 weeks, more than I had it. They assured me that it will be better than a new one because of all the testing. I hope so. I will update after the first range trip in 10 days. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
That is a long time to wait on Kimber glad they figured it out. However the 10 day back ground wait period is not Kimber's fault it is the state you live in.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #4

image.jpeg
Pops6116 likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #5

"Better than new because of all the testing"

I wonder what that means.
meschweitzer likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #6

Absolutely, I didn't mean to apply it was Kimber's fault for the 10 days. It was just a frustration remark!
2sharp2 and Pops6116 like this.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #7

I hope it was a positive thing!!!!Maineiac64!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #8

I would be torqued off about the background check again....crazy. I complain when I buy a different pistol and have to do it. Hope everything works out for the best....
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #9

Originally Posted by meschweitzer View Post
I hope it was a positive thing!!!!Maineiac64!
Too bad Kimber didn't test new guns as thoroughly then you wouldn't have had all this waiting. I am sure it will be fantastic.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #10

Ah free men living in Liberal lunatic gun grabber states. God love ya's keep up the fight. Michigan, show my CPL, fill out the paper work and walk out the door! I hear they just passed some more restrictive gun laws in the Land of the Libtard. (California).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lwilliams likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote