Got a new RMA#... - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Got a new RMA#...

...for this bad mamma jamma!
20160305_220149-1.jpg
With my grandson in one hospital and my mom in another 90 miles apart I let my first RMA expire. There is a 30 day time frame in case one doesn't know. Just a heads up not complaining.
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-31-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
swca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Spring Valley,Ca.
Posts: 4,175
Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
...for this bad mamma jamma!
Attachment 13194
With my grandson in one hospital and my mom in another 90 miles apart I let my first RMA expire. There is a 30 day time frame in case one doesn't know. Just a heads up not complaining.
I will send you a RMA# that will not expire. You can send the Kimber of your choice even more than one if you choose and the shipping will be refunded I guarantee it.
glokrok, cousinmark and RugerLuger like this.
__________________
Tom

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 160
Just got my RMA literally moments ago. Since I will be sending in an EDC, I was looking for alternatives and that one was on top of my list!

I seem to remember something about older models having bone where current they are coming with some alternative?

I realize your sending it back but, has it been good to you? Just considering alternatives now but I do like .45 and I keep a few cases laying around so switching caliber could be expensive!

Russ
__________________
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself ...
BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
NurseAdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 130
What is an RMA?
NurseAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
RugerLuger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 555
That's a nice pistol Glok. Hope it comes back working as good as it looks.
glokrok likes this.
__________________


Mike
NRA
Amvets Life Member
Navy Vet
RugerLuger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Nellybelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,545
Return Merchandise Authorization
NurseAdam likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Originally Posted by swca View Post
I will send you a RMA# that will not expire. You can send the Kimber of your choice even more than one if you choose and the shipping will be refunded I guarantee it.
Please wait by your mailbox. Its on it's way.

Originally Posted by BugSlayer View Post
Just got my RMA literally moments ago. Since I will be sending in an EDC, I was looking for alternatives and that one was on top of my list!

I seem to remember something about older models having bone where current they are coming with some alternative?

I realize your sending it back but, has it been good to you? Just considering alternatives now but I do like .45 and I keep a few cases laying around so switching caliber could be expensive!

Russ
It is a beautiful work of art. Thay have issues with the safety engaging on its own. My first experience sending any Kimber back. No biggy, they will repair it. Then they will send it back and I will shoot the snot out of it. Yes CCP's made after Oct 2015 are a synthetic ivory not bone. I'm guessing shortage of bone. There are plenty of bone grips out there on the internet.

Originally Posted by NurseAdam View Post
What is an RMA?
Return Merchandise Authorization
byern and NurseAdam like this.
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Originally Posted by RugerLuger View Post
That's a nice pistol Glok. Hope it comes back working as good as it looks.
Thank you, Mike. You and me both.
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 AM   #9
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,536
Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
Please wait by your mailbox. Its on it's way.

It is a beautiful work of art. Thay have issues with the safety engaging on its own. My first experience sending any Kimber back. No biggy, they will repair it. Then they will send it back and I will shoot the snot out of it. Yes CCP's made after Oct 2015 are a synthetic ivory not bone. I'm guessing shortage of bone. There are plenty of bone grips out there on the internet.

Return Merchandise Authorization
I doubt there is a shortage of bone grips since Kimber is selling them on their website for #379.95 a pair. For an additional $20.05 you can go to "Thefinergrain.com"and Sarge will make you a custom pair of Elephant Ivory grips for your gun.
glokrok likes this.
__________________
WE DON'T SHOOT TO KILL, WE SHOOT TO SAVE A LIFE.
Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I doubt there is a shortage of bone grips since Kimber is selling them on their website for #379.95 a pair. For an additional $20.05 you can go to "Thefinergrain.com"and Sarge will make you a custom pair of Elephant Ivory grips for your gun.
I have a pair of Ivory grips in my mind for my future Super Carry HD thinking maybe Ultra? Being l only have one Ultra and then there is that Onyx....mmmmmmmm. (wheels never seem to stop turning)
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On