Members! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Forum Discussions > Kimber Talk

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Members!

I just noticed that we have 2271 members, yet there's only 157 posts in the member intro section. Guess we've got a lot of lookers but not to many willing to participate!
Josey Wales likes this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Super Moderator

We've got more bogus members then you'd think. I sent a small list (about 70) of them that I found in about 5 minutes to an admin last month to see if they wanted to delete some of them. As an example go to the members list and look at the names daisyjohn200 and those that follow or dianajohn2001 and again the ones following it. If you look into them they all contain links to other sites.

2271 registered members, 424 of them have posted at least once, 288 have posted 2 or more times. Basically we're running on 60 active members that have 10 or more posts.
Sketter and PorscheVille like this.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Super Moderator

I know what you're saying. I just keep trying to generate new business for the site.
PorscheVille likes this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member

Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #4

Facebook can be very helpful. If you chat on FB, be sure to include a link to this site. Does this site have it's own Facebook account? The good thing about social media is that friends of friends of friends will also see postings, so you can exponentially broaden your exposure.

Is there a stated mission for Kimbertalk? Is it a place for Kimber owners to share in their joy of ownership or is it also a place to learn all things Kimber, from firearms issues to company experience? Most people I know, including myself, use the internet as a tool to find solutions to issues or to gather knowledge as part of the comparative-shopping process.

Simply: why are we all here?

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
Facebook can be very helpful. If you chat on FB, be sure to include a link to this site. Does this site have it's own Facebook account? The good thing about social media is that friends of friends of friends will also see postings, so you can exponentially broaden your exposure.

Is there a stated mission for Kimbertalk? Is it a place for Kimber owners to share in their joy of ownership or is it also a place to learn all things Kimber, from firearms issues to company experience? Most people I know, including myself, use the internet as a tool to find solutions to issues or to gather knowledge as part of the comparative-shopping process.

Simply: why are we all here?
You bring up some interesting points.

Why am I here? To hang out with you and the rest of the gang and have some fun along the way!!
Chuck43, Fleamac and Josey Wales like this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Islander View Post
You bring up some interesting points.

Why am I here? To hang out with you and the rest of the gang and have some fun along the way!!
I agree. But there's always got to be that 'hook' that draw that brings people back. I enjoy chatting with everyone, but I'm retired, the weather sucks and I have nothing much else to do....at the moment. When spring comes, we'll all be out doing things. Participation rate will fall dramatically if we're just here to "hang out" with our Kimber brothers & sisters. Anyway, that's my $0.02.
Chuck43 likes this.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #7

I'm personally disappointed that Kimber doesn't have a online chat line or have a rep that visits this site occasionally to answer questions or correct misconceptions about the Kimber products.

If Kimber America were involved in some small way I think KimberTalk.com would become the defacto site for information and fun. $0.02.

Man, I'm getting broker $0.02 at a time.
Fleamac likes this.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
Super Moderator

I don't think I've seen factory reps on any of the manufacturer specific forums. That could get ugly real fast.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member

Last edited by Islander; 02-12-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Super Moderator

When I joined this forum it was dead, there would be maybe 5 new posts a week. Nellybelle was one of the top posters here and I think reading his common sense posts and the values that he projected in them brought me back. Posts started picking up and guys like Gmountain, pbsdaddy, sbubrick, MPO Southy, Islander and Insta-Gator just to name a few started posting here. This is what I come back for, I'll probably never meet any of these gentlemen but I'd be honored to share my campfire and bottle of adult beverage any of them at any time.

The fine print:
Please don't be upset or read anything into my not mentioning your name in the above post. Due to space limitations and my inability to remember everything I should when I should you may have been accidentally left out.
Insta-Gator and Islander like this.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #10

I just joined a month ago. I found this forum linked from another 1911 forum. It didn't show up on the first page of a Google search then. Now with the new members and increase in posts it is one of the first on the list. I like the folks and atmosphere in this forum. I actually like that it is active but not so many members that you can't follow the active topics. I have that problem over on the XD forum. There I have to limit myself to items of interest in certain sub-forums as there are too many posts in general. Even when I try to research certain topics there are often too many pages to wade through on a given thread. I think others feel the same way and that leads to the start of the same discussion over and over.
Insta-Gator likes this.
OscarZ is offline   Reply With Quote