Kimber Talk Forums banner

Knife Gets Approval

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Preacher 
#1 ·
Got some news today on the C.U.T. 4.0 you might enjoy.

If you read as many gun and/or knife magazines as I do, then you're familiar with blade ads that say something like, "Designed for the Navy SEALs." This doesn't mean the cutler has sold any to them or if they meet required specs, he just has them for sale and he hopes a SEAL buys one.

And you also know that I believe the C.U.T. is the most lethal knife now available.

Anywho, I saw an ad today with the stamp, "Approved For Spec Ops."

Now, the same word of warning applies here. This does not mean the military is issuing that knife. But like my police clients locally, they get a clothing allowance and can buy with a certain latitude.

My guess is this TOPS knife is now for sale in PXs and military personnel can purchase them with their own money.

It's a good knife, with volume and military discounts, a soldier can buy one for under 100 bucks, and who knows, it might save a life.

Let the buyer beware, but I think this is a good knife and I'm glad it got approval.

See less See more
#4 ·
If by "dagger" you mean a double edged dirk, pass on it.

Not only are they illegal in about half the states, but due to their design they have a more obtuse bevel.

If you like the knife, have a polisher perfect the first 1.5 inches of the tip so that all four planes line up to a perfect point. If you're going to use this knife as a pig-sticker only, that's a decent modification.

The C.U.T., on the other hand, can also be used for general utility and food prep. It has a nice, evenly curved belly that even a newbie can learn to polish.

Some might criticize the use of 1095 steel, but I have never found any rust on my modern stuff, and they shine up so perfectly I wonder if carbon steel is now produced with CPM technology.

Here's a picture:

Tool Wood Multi-tool Utility knife Knife

#10 ·
BTW bhunted, double click on my picture and carefully examine that edge.

There's a reason why many sushi chefs still cling to carbon steel. You use the right stone and pay attention to the old traditions and an "old piece of railroad track" becomes a surgeon's scalpel. In fact, hundreds of times more precise by actual grit levels.

#11 ·
I did. Very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.