• 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By Bish
  • 3 Post By BugSlayer
  • 2 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 PM   #1

New EDC ... a good get!

I really didn't need a new knife ... but then that's never stopped me before. Went to Cabela's for some "on sale" .45 acp ammo. I got to looking around in the knife section. They have a huge selection. I had a $20.00 off coupon.

I was wanting a new EDC because my other 15 or 20 aren't as shiny anymore. I picked out the Benchmade Mini-Griptilian, Blue Class Folder. It has a 2 3/4" blade with about an inch of serrations. Synthetic grip and black coated blade. It came super sharp and ready to go. It's not assisted or automatic but is smooth and fast opening. The "action" feels tight and locks securely. The fit and finish are outstanding.

This is an entry level Benchmade at $119.99 list ...Cabela's retail $99.99...I got it for $80. I'm very pleased. Here are some pics of the knife and my EDC for scale. EDC is a S&W Bodyguard, Blackhawk pocket holster, Streamlight Micro, ammo strip and the Benchmade.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 04-21-2018 at 08:44 AM.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-24-2017, 02:48 AM   #2

You'll love the safety. Easy to pull back, and a solid rod of metal holding the blade in place.

Nice scoop.
PaulWVa likes this.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Nice looking Benchmade PaulWVa, I've been looking for a new EDC. Nothing like spending money at Chico knife emporium, LOL.
Jflytle and PaulWVa like this.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #4

Nice looking kit you have there!!
PaulWVa likes this.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #5

One of my favorite makers! In 2000 I bought my wife and I new Benchmades at a knife show in Baltimore. Last year hers started having a problem with one of the screws which hold the scales in place. It finally stripped so I sent a note to Benchmade, told them about the problem and also that I no longer had a receipt and I could not remember the name of the vendor at the show.

All they said was fill out the return form and send it to them. Now you do have to sign that should they determine your knife is a knock-off, they will not return it but I was confident it was the real thing.

They repaired and returned it, no problems. They do offer a sharpening service but since I had already become infected with polishers affliction, I did not ask for sharpening. The blade was untouched when the knife was returned but I had it on the bench anyway just because.

Interestingly enough, after I retired the first time I took a position as GM of a Harley shop near Baltimore. One day two guys wearing Benchmade Logo shirts came in and I gave them the tour. Turns out they were in town for a police show but stopped in because they had just won the contract to supply HD with knives. I told them that Benchmade was my favorite and after our tour, one guy gave me his business card. I reminded him that he had already given me his card and he said this one had a code on the back that would cover cost and shipping of any knife in the Benchmade catalog. I waited a long time but finally tried it out.

Some days are better than others.

Russ
Chuck43, cousinmark and PaulWVa like this.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #6

Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
I really didn't need a new knife ...
How do you expect us to read your entire post, when you start of with such crazy-talk?

My FAVORITE knife is a Benchmade. The reason I picked that one up was for the Axis lock. It is rock solid, and easy to operate with either hand.

The thumb-stud opening is equally reliable, with no fancy springs to fail or protrusions to snag on clothing.

I think you'll be happy with your new toy.
Chuck43 and PaulWVa like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote