Cutco knives - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

Cutco knives

Anyone have Cutco knives? I swear these are the sharpest knives I have ever owned. I manage to cut the crap out of myself about every 6 months with them. How do they make them so sharp? I just barely grazed my finger the other day with a cheese knife and it looked like I got stabbed with a Kbar.
Chuck43 and Old Timer 57 like this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-05-2018, 02:18 AM   #2

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
How do they make them so sharp?
The same way that any premium company achieves keenness.

Edge geometry, meaning they choose an angle pertinent to what is being sliced.

Good alloys.

Trained polishers.

It's an old idea, dating back +800 years to peasants in Edo.
Chuck43 and swca like this.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #3

I went to a fishing show and ended up buying a filet knife made by Cutco it is still in my tackle box. Nice knife. Unforunately I have not gone fishing for sometime.
Chuck43 likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2018, 05:13 AM   #4

Hummmm. Maybe I should look into them.
Chuck43 likes this.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:10 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Hummmm. Maybe I should look into them.
I think that might be a good idea. I got your knife sharp, and the polishing is going okay. But if this was a real job, the per/hour rate would cost more than the knife.

When Chuck started this section, we wanted to show the members some good DIY projects as gun guys are usually knife guys. That, and I hate to throw knives away even if it's a slim chance of saving them.

The blade will be sharp and useful, the bolster is dinged too deep to polish out the mark.

Cutco has been around a long time and has a loyal following.
Chuck43 and Wingnut like this.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #6
Super Moderator

My son and his wife received a set of Cutco knives as a wedding present 13 years ago and they both say they are the best knives made.

All Products Are Backed By The Cutcoģ Forever Guarantee

Since 1949, Cutco owners have enjoyed a Forever Guarantee that insures the Cutco they use in their home will be as good tomorrow as the first time they used it. We want every Cutco owner to be satisfied forever, and when the product is passed along, we will continue to back that pledge. The guarantee has several important elements.
Forever Performance Guarantee

If at any time you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your Cutco Product, we will correct the problem or replace it. Forever Sharpness Guarantee

Cutco knives, when used in the home, will remain sharp for many years, but after extended use they may need sharpening.
  • For sharpening of Double-Dģ or straight-edge knives, send them along with a return shipping and handling fee of $9 (for 1 to 10 items) or $11 (for 11 to 25 items) or $13 (for 26 to 40 items) to the address below or submit a request online. There is a 40 item limit per service request.
Forever Replacement Service Agreement

Should your Cutco be damaged through unconventional use, we will replace it for half the current retail price plus applicable sales tax. 15-Day Unconditional Money Back Guarantee

If at any time within 15 days after receipt of your Cutco product you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may get a full refund of your purchase price by contacting Cutco Customer Service.
  • Due to the personalization, engraved products cannot be returned under the Unconditional Money Back Guarantee. All other aspects of The Forever Guarantee do apply.
The Forever Guarantee is intended solely for consumer/ in-home use. The Forever Guarantee is not available for Cutco products in need of service or replacement, as described in the Forever Guarantee, that have been purchased or otherwise acquired for the purpose of resale.

Customer Service Pledge

At Cutco, our pledge is to guarantee our customers' 100% satisfaction.

Mailing Address

Cutco Customer Service
322 Houghton Avenue
Olean, NY 14760-3152
Wingnut likes this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:55 AM   #7

Thanks Chuck, Iíve been doing a little research on them and might be buying soon. I donít want to wear Chico out.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Thanks Chuck, Iíve been doing a little research on them and might be buying soon. I donít want to wear Chico out.
Chico seems to thrive on stress, impossible challenges, black coffee, Subway sandwiches and crappy weather.
CharlieW, 2sharp2, swca and 1 others like this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:06 AM   #9

I have been looking for a nice set of steak knives and considered the Cutco set...but I went with a Zwilling Henckles set because my other Cutco knives are so freaking sharp that they are almost dangerous. I swear everyone in my family has cut themselves pretty good with the Cutcos that I already have. Those little blade sleeves they come with are for your protection, not the blade's.
Chuck43 and swca like this.
NewStainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #10

Originally Posted by NewStainless View Post
I have been looking for a nice set of steak knives and considered the Cutco set...but I went with a Zwilling Henckles set because my other Cutco knives are so freaking sharp that they are almost dangerous. I swear everyone in my family has cut themselves pretty good with the Cutcos that I already have. Those little blade sleeves they come with are for your protection, not the blade's.
Iím the only one that uses knives in our kitchen. Would you recommend Cutco, if so what kitchen knives?
Thanks.
Chuck43 likes this.