Those new Barges. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #1

Those new Barges.

I finally got a chance to open all of the boxes of latest UPS delivery, and I was very pleased.

Personally, I don't see how the Barges are built for the price they are asking. They are fairly sharp, the cosmetic lines are true, they are bolted together like a Sherman tank, and the locks look like they were hand fitted.

This is one of those cases where as the product progressed, it got better!

I'll tell you this, the employees at Barnes & Noble all carry Barges. They are constantly cutting open boxes of new books and food and drink items for the cafe' while they use the prying end to jerk out those huge copper staples.

The edges are holding. I have only done one re-polishing since the knife came out.

If you haven't handled one, take a look.
bhunted and Ice-and-Snow like this.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:08 AM   #2

Let me add a huzzah!

I've got two now -- one I carry (and am still amazed at how OFTEN I pull it out to do something!) and the other sits on my workbench at Micro-Metrics. Both get a good workout. Chico helped me out when I was whining that I'd had to ship the (1st) Barge out to CA on the 5th, cause I was imagining the ease at opening the boxes with it... and then realized: Oh CRAP! I'm NOT checking any bags and cannot carry the pretty thing on the plane! Had to open the box and slide the Barge in to ship .... and use scissors to open and retrieve in CA.

Thanks and multiple thanks again Chico! (At some point I will ship you my 'neck knife' to be sharpened, but since I have the Barge.... who cares about the neck knife!?)
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:29 AM   #3

Use one until you're dissatisfied, then send me that one to re-polish. It will only take a few days round trip, and the other one should be sharp enough for you to get your work out.