• 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By Bigdog
  • 2 Post By Loki1967
  • 4 Post By CharlieW
  • 1 Post By Bigdog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #1

Charity Knife Donation Made To Jen Tooley

As most of you know by now, our CharlieW was gracious enough to make the top bid on the Forum's knife. His full donation will go to the Madison Urban Ministries.

Jen sent a copy of his check and an explanation about the KimberTalk Forum to Director Linda Ketcham.

(Because Charlie's full name and personal info was on the check, I will be sending him a copy of the letter Jen wrote.)

And there was laughter! I carry two small folding wallets. I call one of them "Jen's" because all my change goes into that wallet. When my wife and I arrived, we said we had some money for Jen, and as usual she stuck out her cupped hand--expecting her weekly vig.

The surprise on her face said it all--and yes, she got the quarters, too!

I prayed on the way home, thanking my Redeemer for his use of our talents. But I was walking on air. The least of our brethren are now getting a facility built by private funds.

I hope to polish more...

DSC02333.JPG
Chuck43, Dude22, 2sharp2 and 14 others like this.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #2

Good on ya, mate.
Chuck43 likes this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:31 PM   #3

I'm very happy to see the "likes" on this topic.

Usually Jen and I did books for children and the homeless. In fact, the letter she sent to me (and ultimately Charlie) mention books not the ground breaking. But trust me, Jen wants this project to go through, even if she has to tip me upside down and shake out the last quarter.

BTW, I have a polished Immortal that has to go out next. In the fullness of time and within forum permission, that also will be offered to charity.

You blade-heads will love this knife. It's big, it's heavy. It is hard to open, and even harder to close. I cuts by slashing, but was also designed for stabbing. It's as subtle as a ball-peen hammer and probably heavier.

Although designed 2,500 years ago by the Greeks as the "xiphos," as their first 'iron age' short sword, you know it better as the Roman short sword, the gladius.

What kind of a lunatic would mirror polish a knife like that?
Chuck43, Loki1967 and wayne like this.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #4

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
As most of you know by now, our CharlieW was gracious enough to make the top bid on the Forum's knife. His full donation will go to the Madison Urban Ministries.

Jen sent a copy of his check and an explanation about the KimberTalk Forum to Director Linda Ketcham.

(Because Charlie's full name and personal info was on the check, I will be sending him a copy of the letter Jen wrote.)

And there was laughter! I carry two small folding wallets. I call one of them "Jen's" because all my change goes into that wallet. When my wife and I arrived, we said we had some money for Jen, and as usual she stuck out her cupped hand--expecting her weekly vig.

I prayed on the way home, thanking my Redeemer for his use of our talents. But I was walking on air. The least of our brethren are now getting a facility built by private funds.

I hope to polish more...

Attachment 106626
I wish there was a "love" in addition to a "like"...you deserve it! Job well done!!
Chuck43, Loki1967 and wayne like this.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
I wish there was a "love" in addition to a "like"...you deserve it! Job well done!!
Ahhh, not really. Everything in this project fell together. When things like this happen I prefer to think of myself as "the messenger," but it was The Holy Spirit that touched my heart.

Sheriff Dave Mahoney (who actually likes CC Riders) showed the two cells in an op-ed piece in our Wisconsin State Journal. Just two cells for the mentally ill, all tile and concrete.

Jen has the right view on this. Big corporations donate to both people and legislation that these businesses believe will benefit them with clout in the future. Jen is working with quarters and chutzpah to make this entity work.

You can tell that by looking at her smile in the picture. It was a pleasure and privilege to help her at any level.
Chuck43 and Bigdog like this.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #6

I hope to polish more...

Attachment 106626
Chuck43 and Wingnut like this.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:30 AM   #7

Very touching! I am so proud to be a member here with all of the great people that seek to touch other peoples lives in a positive way...
Chuck43 and Bigdog like this.
Loki1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #8

Chico, I have been off the forum for a few days. Loved seeing Jen's smile! You two keep up the great work you are doing! I was happy to participate, and I am almost embarrassed to end up with such a fantastic knife.
Chuck43, Jflytle, Loki1967 and 1 others like this.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #9

Ahhh, not really. Everything in this project fell together. When things like this happen I prefer to think of myself as "the messenger," but it was The Holy Spirit that touched my heart.

You can tell that by looking at her smile in the picture. It was a pleasure and privilege to help her at any level.
May God continue to bless and guide you!
Chuck43 likes this.