Kimber Talk Forums banner

knife attack training

3K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  The Tourist 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Let's look at how reality really works.

I've never been a soldier or a mercenary, but I have had professional blade training. I've been trained in the foil and the saber while in high school.

In my studies I heard about Italian fencing and the use of a dirk--which your aggressor will never see until it is too late. As opposed to French fencing, Italians fight in a circle, which I believed to be more realistic.

To that end, I posted this picture in the prepper forum. I've heard every "knife to a gunfight" joke every told. But you must realize that my clients are cops, soldiers and "shadowy" folks who all have learned to appreciate polished knives.

Now the victim below got cut with a knife/knife. Probably one the winner carried to work everyday. Imagine if one of my clients cut him.

Remember, inside 21 feet, a knife is as good as a pistol, and my knives never need reloading...

Zombie Pink Chest Scar Trunk

#13 ·
Knifes are horrendously damaging in a fight. At close range I would probably go to my knife first before the gun. (When their right on top of you) First target would be the bicep of the arm with the weapon or dominate arm and cut that to the bone. Once that's a hanging piece of meat and no longer a threat you go to work on the arteries. Thighs, armpits and neck. Lots of people think a knife is for stabbing, truth is you can break the blade in a fight that way. You CUT and drive deep with each slash. Loss of blood is the only way to stop the fight and cutting is the best answer.
Knifes in knowledgable hands are formidable weapons at close combat range.

#19 ·
Albert, I try to be a professional.

I carry a Barge that went through the slurry for attackers under 5'6" there-abouts.

I have a full size Kizer for your bigger annoyances.

It all depends on how far we are apart.

(Oh, and about my Cold Steel Immortal...)

#28 ·
Less than 5, he is already on my radar, even if I try to block with left arm, right hand has a finger on the trigger, boom, right behind his ear! Now that’s just my scenario, I have never practiced this but maybe I should. And if he is less than 5’, I am hoping I notice a knife in his hand. I can back up and pull, he might get my left arm but he won’t know. Not bashing at all, just playing it in my head.

#30 ·
Less than 5, he is already on my radar, even if I try to block with left arm, right hand has a finger on the trigger, boom, right behind his ear! Now that's just my scenario, I have never practiced this but maybe I should. And if he is less than 5', I am hoping I notice a knife in his hand. I can back up and pull, he might get my left arm but he won't know. Not bashing at all, just playing it in my head.
nice thing about double action...you might blow your coat pocket off but it would be worth it.

#29 ·
Oh I hear ya, distance is your friend in that situation. Use the off hand to block any advance and move to give yourself distance. I got butchered numerous times with a rubber knife back in the day when I was training. I'm much older and slower now and hope I never have to find out in a real confrontation. Knifes just give me the whillies.

#33 ·
Obviously, each scenario is different. For example, if I'm at the book store, my line of sight might be okay, but there are rows of books stopping me from a straight attack. Clearly, you shoot that attacker.

However, my defensive knives pop open like switchblades, and within arms length the attacker might not even know he's been cut until he realizes he's spurting blood.

Like they used to say, "Horses for courses."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.