Note to:Dude22, Woodchuck and Bigdog - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #1

Note to:Dude22, Woodchuck and Bigdog

Your knives were sent out today. I've never worked on anything as difficult as your knives.

There was nothing wrong with the blade blanks, I can assure you of that. I shaped them with an Atoma 140, which is not a stone but a polisher's metal file.

I did not skip steps.

However, I found a chipped stone and re-polished all three knives. Then I noticed some light whisker marks, more like light hair marks. The knives were polished again.

And just to be on the safe side, I polished them again before I left for the UPS hub.

Now, I guarantee everything I touch. If there is anything--ANYTHING--on those knives that disturbs you, please contact me immediately. The knife will be repaired or replaced.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #2

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Your knives were sent out today. I've never worked on anything as difficult as your knives.

There was nothing wrong with the blade blanks, I can assure you of that. I shaped them with an Atoma 140, which is not a stone but a polisher's metal file.

I did not skip steps.

However, I found a chipped stone and re-polished all three knives. Then I noticed some light whisker marks, more like light hair marks. The knives were polished again.

And just to be on the safe side, I polished them again before I left for the UPS hub.

Now, I guarantee everything I touch. If there is anything--ANYTHING--on those knives that disturbs you, please contact me immediately. The knife will be repaired or replaced.
Cool, I look forward to receiving it. I assume an invoice will be included with the shipment? Otherwise, please send instructions for payment.
Woodchuckinthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #3

Yes, 40.00 is the whole magilla. It also helps my "bookkeeper" from having to and or subtract pennies on the monthly statements!