PLEASE, do not send pre-payments. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #1

PLEASE, do not send pre-payments.

As much as I appreciate the the money and trust my clients grant me, there can be errors. I had one this morning.

A client wrote to me and told me his knife had never been delivered. If there is a hell for tradesmen, that's it. A client paid, and did not receive his merchandise.

I grabbed the records, found a verification for his payment in total, yet his name did not appear on the receipts.

Now, fortunately I had some knives finished, and I called the client and personally guaranteed this knife would be dropped off at the UPS hub and I would write back to him with the tracking number.

This is a small business, and boxes come in and out by the scores. We are still learning the Dell (and, oh, thank you, thank you), but the worst thing I face is apologizing to a client for not doing my job.

As a Christian business, I would rather lose a payment than a knife.

DSC02367.JPG