You claim your knife isn't sharp enough? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #1

You claim your knife isn't sharp enough?

I believe Kershaw has two assembly plants. One for displaced Chinese space technology scientists, and one for recently fired rickshaw drivers.

So naturally, about every fifth blade, I get an edge that looks like "wood grain." And it's almost impossible to get out, unless you want to grind away most of the steel.

Well, I had another this morning, a real mess, but the alloy wanted to gleam. So I said to myself, "Myself, how can I polish and grind at the same time?"

It's then I remembered I am a blade polisher!

I grabbed a Edge Pro green 2000 grain polishing tape, put it on antique glass, and then some Ken Schartz's best Alumina. (I can hear Ken gasp in California).

I made three passes, and I admit it felt funny. If you've ever taken a Lewis Lead Remover down a filthy revolver barrel, that's the feeling. If you've ever taken a fifty dollar bill out of a redhead's hand, that the sound.

I stopped, took a clean cloth and wiped off the excess, and put the blade under the loupe' Yikes, not a flaw and as sharp as a SEAL sniper.

I don't know why it works, but it works. If you have those polishing materials on your fixture, take a dull, lightly scratched knife and make a few passes.
OLE442, Jflytle, WillyD and 2 others like this.