USPS, this time it's personal. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #1

USPS, this time it's personal.

Now, as a former bill collector and MC member, I've had to deal with my share of idiots. This tale tops them all.

As you know, I do not advertise. I treat my clients in a way that they want to come back To that I would add this. Recently I had to re-polish three scratched blades--and they were all mailed out at the same hub, by the same lady, and shipped together.

Now, new clients do not know me, so why should they trust me? I got a phone call this afternoon from a new client who was OOT for ten days and assumed his knife would be there waiting for him. And it was one of those three.

He didn't receive it, nor did his mailman see it. I called the hub, and they had no record of him, no receipt, and no tracking number. My wife tore our receipt book apart, and came up empty.

Fortunately, I had several Barges going, and one was half done. In two hours it was finished, an I went down to the hub. This time I watched every aspect of their monitoring system, and I demanded a tracking number. Sweet guys like me are very persuasive.

Then the hard part. I telephoned the client. I explained that this is a Christian business, and I'd rather lose a knife than a client. I told him to inspect the knife when it arrived, and if it did not meet his standards he could keep the knife and my wife would refund his money.

Now here's the upshot. I was talking to someone at the gym one morning, and they claimed "shipping" was the worst customer service issue they dealt with as a businessman.

The client was understanding and obviously patient. I hope both knives come. For what these idiots put him through, he deserves them.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #2

you can always have ebay just steal your money...those bastards refunded the buyer because the post office didn't deliver it on time ...like i can control that..f'ers
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #3

I'm glad Hillary wasn't elected. Knowing how much I just love the left, she's have hog-tied or handcuffed until the package was signed for.

Oh, and no one panic! I called Sheila this morning at Blue Ridge Knives. They re-stocked the Barges and now have over 200 on the shelf. My wife and will go over the books this weekend and figure out how many to buy.

Their Q/C is improving. No knives rejected because of poor locking on the frame lock, and only two really bad grinds, which I refurbished for myself.

I'm going to be sorry I said this, because I really do want to retire and spend a few months looking for Susan Anton, but whoever designed the Barge is one crafty draftsman.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #4

Are you insuring these Barges as you ship them out ? If not shame on you because it's really cheap and gives you a sense of relief if one ends up lost, stolen or missing....

$50.01 to $100 is $2.05. $100.01 to $200 is $2.45. $200.01 to $300 is $4.60. The price per additional $100 of insurance, valued over $300 up to $5,000, is $4.60 plus $0.90 per each $100 or fraction thereof.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bullet.../kit1_011.html
Chuck43 and SnowTao like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:34 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Are you insuring these Barges as you ship them out ? If not shame on you because it's really cheap and gives you a sense of relief if one ends up lost, stolen or missing....

$50.01 to $100 is $2.05. $100.01 to $200 is $2.45. $200.01 to $300 is $4.60. The price per additional $100 of insurance, valued over $300 up to $5,000, is $4.60 plus $0.90 per each $100 or fraction thereof.

YEAH, if you want an ear full about the USPS ask Rick Of Oregon about his/our Colt Woodsman magazine nightmare.
Chuck43, Marshall and Mini Me like this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #6

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
YEAH, if you want an ear full about the USPS ask Rick Of Oregon about his/our Colt Woodsman magazine nightmare.
Again.....he didn't insure them right ???....

Seriously, if you own a Mom & Pop business or you're just a guy from St Louis selling grips or magazines, why in the heck wouldn't you pay the extra couple of bucks and insure your goods ?

Anything that I ship via USPS gets a picture taken with all the the stickers that they put on the package while they are on the scale at the post office. My pics are timed stamped and it will coincide with the receipt time that they give me. If there ever was an issue I have an extra paper trail along with my pics to prove that I sent them.
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.

Last edited by Marshall; 09-17-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #7

packing is critical.
Marshall likes this.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #8

The service at the USPS is bad to non-existent. I rarely have a problem receiving packages from UPS or FedEx, but consistently have problems with either late deliveries or non-deliveries from USPS, especially in Atlanta around the holidays. I think they do their Christmas shopping with other people's packages...lol! The other thing I've noticed is that now UPS and FedEx hand off packages to USPS for local delivery, and I will receive a text message that the package was delivered when it was not....USPS wants to show a good delivery record even when the package is delivered late so they just send out delivery notifications. WTH?....annoying.
2sharp2 likes this.

Heinie Lady Hawk 1911
Kimber Raptor 9mm full size SS
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Compact II 9mm
Kimber Micro 9 CTLG
Kimber Micro 380 Advocate
Sig Ultra Compact 2 tone 45 ACP
Sig P238 HD Nickel
Colt AR-15 9mm
CZ Rami 9mm
Glock 19
Glock 43
Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series C.O.R.E.
Smith & Wesson M&P 22 compact
Walther PPS M2
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #9

because congress forces them to hire losers.....then the union makes it hard to get rid of them.....and now with burger places paying 15 bucks who want's to actually work for $ any more..
starnovi likes this.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #10

don't get them started how obama stole 80 billion from them