...I thought I was finished... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #1

...I thought I was finished...

I just finished six Barges, and I had planned to clean and give them a final buff before I'd ship them out.

Then a few days ago I was talking with a member, who said he had received one but not the other. Fortunately I had one left.

I'll rough it in tonight. We're going to get a snowstorm tomorrow, but I have a dental appointment. The dentist is finally going to do that crown.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #2

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
We're going to get a snowstorm tomorrow, but I have a dental appointment. The dentist is finally going to do that crown.
Sounds like we're in a parallel universe. I'm getting CROWNS done at the end of the month. I told the dentist to only do the two on the right side first because being just retired, the money(or lack of) adjustment is still in the works and after having my HVAC system worked on last month, I'm selling off stuff to replace the whole system in a couple months. The big difference is, I can't sharpen anything to where it could be used for a surgical procedure! Good luck with the crown.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #3

We're a little strapped for money, too. Not in debt, but hit a few months ago with big, unexpected bills. I'd sell just about anything out of my personal collection that's worth anything, and I've switched over to cheaper knives. It seems both me and everyone else just needs a basic jackknife at present.

My CRKT came yesterday. Perfect for what I need. About thirty bucks, 2 inch blade and it takes down by hand for a thorough cleaning. I'll carry it for a while and then do a showcase on it. The nice thing is the major producers have finally learned how to sharpen a knife!