Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By OLE442

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #1

Another new knife.

Now that I have an allowance (no kidding--the first one in over 34 years) I bought a knife just for the fun of having something that is made to superior standards.

Now, you've seen my new stiletto, but that's an EDC carry piece, and like the teenage boy I once was, it resides in the front right pocket of my jacket. No, my hands aren't cold. I'm just prepared.

One of the knives I've lusted after for +40 years is a precise little tool I know as the Angel Hunter Horn Knife. Everything about the tame appearing blade is quality and precision. It will spend its life being rolled inside my hands and trimming errant, enemy, loose threads.

Usually these knives come replete with beautiful, blonde bone handles.

I cannot wait for the next UPS package.

AKC-SBH-1.jpg
Chuck43, Dude22, OLE442 and 2 others like this.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #2

I've had an allowance for decades and have lived within my means. I did take a pension at 55 and was keeping it so I had the allowance and mucho discretionary extra funds.....so life was really good for 8 to 10 years. Well, now that I've retired and have given up the monthly pension, living within my means has taken on a new way of looking at things. I'm doing pretty well but still have a way to go but hey, I'm freakin retired. I do what I want and when I want.....as long as I'm within budget....LOL! Life is good, so far!

I've backed up spares of my favorite everyday (inexpensive) knives, favorite eyeglasses, favorite watch an so on. Unless I eff real bad, I'm covered on most of my favorite things until the end of time (my time). WooHoo!
RustyIron and SnowTao like this.

Last edited by OLE442; 02-24-2019 at 01:35 AM.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #3

I know what you mean. I'm going to call 'Grunt,' one of the Enforcers, and see if any of the boys wear a Size 11 and are going barefoot this winter. I have three pristine pairs of Harley boots, and someone needs some.

In 1975 my only pair of boots wound up going back to the factory. I spent snow and one ice storm going to work in bedroom slippers.

Edit: Talked with Grunt this morning. He's going to check if any of the CC Riders need boots. Now is the time that custom bikes are jacked up and modified yet again. Money is tight, and some of the younger guys live from hand to mouth.

Last edited by The Tourist; 02-24-2019 at 10:53 AM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #4

Reminds me of a snowboard trip back when I was learning to board. I took the bus from the condo to the lodge, where I rented gear. I was going to be there for two days, so at the end of the first day, I emptied my locker, and brought everything back to the condo. Second day, I wore my boarding gear to back to the lodge, and then boarded all day. At the end of the day when it was time to turn in my gear, I came to the realization that my shoes were back at the condo. Oops. It was a bit of a walk barefoot in the snow to get to the bus, then back to the condo. But walking barefoot through the snow in freezing weather never killed no-one... right?

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:36 AM   #5

Rob, ya' know, we might have other people here who need boots. If anyone needs Harley boots in size 11, just contact me PM.

They are pristine, polished and there will be no charge, not even shipping. It's time I live my faith.