Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By RustyIron
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 07:47 PM   #1

Too wound up... need to polish

All the targets are in the back of the truck. There's a pile of guns in the spare bedroom. Ammo is in another pile. Alarm is set for 6:00 a.m.

What to do? What to do? Well, I've been using my big EDC knife, and although it's blood gushingly sharp, it's no longer as sharp as it COULD be. And one of the kitchen knives is in the same condition. Might as well fix 'em up.

I'm still getting used to using the gray gravy for the final process, but I'm getting more comfortable with it. With magnification, I can easily see the scratches left behind by 1.0 micron CBN. It's not Chico Quality, but I'm pleased with the results.

My "mirror" is getting better, but soon I'll have to work on the photography.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0971.jpeg (2.30 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0972.jpeg (1.05 MB, 12 views)
Chuck43, CharlieW, SnowTao and 1 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-27-2019, 03:24 AM   #2

I wish I had some words of comfort for you, but now that you're a polisher you have "taken the veil."

One thing I can offer, you have to know when to stop polishing. For example, with all the snow and cold, I haven't been feeling my best. To make matters worse, I have appointments every day this week; yesterday I had my crown cemented in. Tomorrow I meet the surgeon. Friday I have an appointment with my shrink.

The last three Barges are being phased in, but not when I'm tired or preoccupied. The owners want good edges, and when I'm fatigued it is not time to polish from guilt or self pity.

The work will get done, it might be later, but it will be the best work. Just ease up.
CharlieW and Tejun like this.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:41 AM   #3

Oh, I'm comforted, sensei. Big knife isn't bad, junk knife is good enough, there's enough sharp kitchen knives to prepare anything, and it's finally warm enough go shooting. Time to roll. Have a bonzer day!
CharlieW and Jflytle like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote