The most dangerous woman I know. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #1

The most dangerous woman I know.

It's been both my fate and my privilege to know "dangerous people." For example, my friend and MC brother, Mickey Foster (now deceased) was the most dangerous biker I ever met. Not the bully you might think, he was always looking for fun, and he was an irreverent skirt-chaser.

When it comes to women, there no doubt in my mind. A former barista and good friend, Kayla, is all that and a bag of cement. She barely breaks five feet in height, and I've seen children with bigger hands. I tread softly around this girl, however.

Yesterday I called her. I had sorted out the knives in my collection and found several that would appeal to her. My wife, Kayla and I then spent an hour in our foyer shucking and jiving about our friends and their bizarre events.

If a tool has an edge on it, Kayla knows how to use it. She related that a couple of brain-donors had broken into her place of business and assaulted a co-worker at high noon. I handed her a sharpened switchblade.

Without really looking at it, she rolled the knife over in her hand, found the activating switch, the button lock and lock-back device. She then popped the blade, checked my work, and folded it as it disappeared in her pocket. I pity the boys if they come back.

I cannot fully describe the look in her eyes if you get on her "wrong side." If you own a trained dog, and the animal realizes you are in danger, the animal focuses on the end-game. He is not scared or out of control, he is simply resolute.

...that's Kayla, and I thank my stars she's a friend and not an enemy...
Old 03-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #2

...and it's got to be satisfying when part of your collection goes to a good home as well.
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #3

Originally Posted by JBear View Post
...and it's got to be satisfying when part of your collection goes to a good home as well.
Well, Kayla is at that age when she's fully on her own but full of an apartment of friends so they all can make the rent.

She cannot afford the knives I take for granted, and she needs them both for work and personal safety. Having said that, fully +90% of the slicing she does is on incoming cardboard box shipments.

But like all folks "pump-handle high," she has had to deal with bullies and drunken customers. She takes it in stride.

Then again, I watched her melt down into the "assassin Kayla." A supervisor stiffed her on her hours. I saw a her in the company of a girl from her apartment being led to a 'calmer area.'

...of all the people to cheat, it had to be her...