Kimber Talk Forums banner

Another day, another new switchblade.

571 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  The Tourist 
#1 ·
I was flipping through the Boker page, and I saw a Kalashnikov with a clip point blade, like a Bowie knife.

Well, I am one Boker down, so this seemed like a good time to remedy that injustice. And my wife was gone...

And it's not like I don't support my bros in the metal trade. Hey, 2sharp2 gets his knife on Wednesday, and I have to wait to the end of the week!

And his wife's new knife will be polished, and I have to find a guy...

#2 ·
I was flipping through the Boker page, and I saw a Kalashnikov with a clip point blade, like a Bowie knife.
Yeah, I saw that one too. Very interesting. I may order one for a gift. I've really got my eye on a Black/Black with the tanto blade for myself … I've never had that blade in a folder.

I'm very pleased with my Boker Kalashnikov so far. It had a bit of coarseness to the button right out of the box. But after a drop of light oil and 50 or so snaps it has smoothed out nicely. It will be my EDC for the foreseeable future … we'll see how she holds up.

#3 · (Edited)
It had a bit of coarseness to the button right out of the box. But after a drop of light oil and 50 or so snaps it has smoothed out nicely. It will be my EDC for the foreseeable future … we'll see how she holds up.
My tan/tan Boker had that same roughness out of the box. I put a very tiny dab of Sentry Solutions Tuf-Glide on the button portion inside the handle. Then I just started to use it as a tool in my EDC.

I know lots of guys who want their tools "all broke-in right now." I believe that simply shortens their life. I open my switchblades to cut something or check the edge. Over time they "slick up" by themselves.

As for the clip-point version of the Kalashnikov, I can't wait, either!

(That last line might not be clear. I cannot wait, because I have already ordered one. I will do a showcase when it arrives).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.