Knife (My) Redhead Wanted - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #1

Knife (My) Redhead Wanted

Chico,be afraid, very afraid. She refused to pose with a "I'm a gonna CUT you look!"
Out of ALL the thousand's of knives at Smokey Mountain Knife works, this is the one she picked out. I think mostly because it is Purple, certainly not because it is intimidating.
To compare that's my spare Ultra size magazine. I can't remember what brand it is and the writing is to small for me to see.
I was surprised but when I asked her where it was, she produced it quickly from her purple Coach pocketbook so I suppose given a few seconds she could stick it in your eye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0319191514.jpg (5.07 MB, 18 views)
Hoffbrew, Bigdog and wayne like this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel

Last edited by 2sharp2; 03-19-2019 at 05:18 PM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #2

I'm going to buy that Fulcrum Framelock in blue. My wife wants one in the more pastel color.

I did drop a note to Joyce, and told her to see if she has the knife in stock. She complained that a knife lasts about one day cutting open cardboard boxes.

Well, if I polish one made from S35VN and take it to 5.4 million grit, my guess is that Joyce' arm will give up before that edge does.

But here's a word of advice, I knew redheads from 1978 on forward. My Vicki had easy access to every gun (1911s and a few 629s) plus every edged tool in Dane County.

She calmly coo'ed that she preferred my SW 59 series, because it had +15 shots per magazine. I surmised that even if she hit me 50% of the time I'd still be a corpse.

Your Vickie might show you the little purple knife, but if she reads our discourse, I'm going to get a strange request for a Fulcrum Framelock.

"Oh, and Chico," she'll pour out like thick, sweet syrup, "Can you polish it by the weekend? The boat anchor and me and me are going to camp way back in non-surveyed Yooper country, and I'll need a shovel and good knife..."
Bigdog likes this.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:35 PM   #3

Whooboy, it's gettin' dark all up in here!
Bigdog likes this.
JBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 10:44 PM   #4

Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Whooboy, it's gettin' dark all up in here!
Hey, women are tough now.

When I first met SnowTao, I heard she had a distinguished career in The Naval Air Force. I asked her if that had been an ordeal.

She scoffed, and added, "An ordeal? Do you think it's easy to force air through your navel..."

Clearly, those "three martini breakfasts" must have been a real roller-coaster, as well.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 AM   #5

For almost ten years, I found myself working in the hardwood floor business. Not my favorite. Regardless, one customer was probably the the wealthiest person I've met, who owned multiple mansions on multiple continents. I'm not sure exactly what he did to get there, but he was affable. One day my boss asked him what he thought was the key to his success. He promptly replied "a martini at lunch every day". Of all the things I probably should have been writing down that that guy said the week we were with him, this is what I remember. So it goes.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:45 AM   #6

My dad shared rarefied air with the owners of Master Lock. And just to add that touch of danger, they were 'legitimate businessmen' from American Brands, a consortium that owned several national liquor companies.

It was my belief at the time that truly "rich guys" always had a worthless, throw-away catch phrase for peons like us.

One of these swarthy kingpins in a pin-striped suit asked me where I was headed, and I said, "To Madison, for college." He asked me if I was open to some advise, and I thought, "Oh, boy, I'm going to be a millionaire, too!"

The guy sat me down like his wayward son, and 'spake onto me' in that been-there-done-that tone, "Look for a guy, perhaps with filthy hands, that watches the clients like he was studying the Wall Street Journal. If he buys a skid pallet of salt blocks, then you should, too..."

Speaking of martinis before lunch, I thought this bloke was sampling the house brew.

But now I'm a guy with swarf stained hands who watches clients. Perhaps I judged the businessman too harshly.

I started musing over my personal contribution, and if I knew a wise mouth kid, I would tell him the same thing that guy told me.

But I would add, "Learn how to disarm with jokes." And I'll bet the kid would think I was crazy, too...
Old 03-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #7

Geez! 2sharp2, you have a redhead also??? I've had mine 32 years. I'm sorry. HA!

Jim D
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #8

I wonder where I'd be today if I took all of the advice at the time that I have since realized was better than I thought it was when I was a punk ass kid. I think it may be a circle of life sort of thing...
Old 03-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #9

The problem I see (and I'm looking back, not forward) is that for Arland and me, "danger" is part of the fun.

We punch out our engines, we buy huge Mikuni or SU carburetors to feed those extra inches, and sometimes even remember to buy a second disc brake for the front wheel. (Oh, BTW, it doesn't work. The forks shimmy without a brace, you go into a tank-slapper, and Donnie 'Honda' broke every bone we could find).

Do you think folks like that would settle for a librarian?

No! Our guns are dangerous. Our custom bikes are dangerous. Our jobs are dangerous. Even the very titanium we use to lighten the structure has a 'feel' and sheen unknown to any other metal.

So if that redhead is going to 'romance' us to death, drink us into a dry-out clinic, or simply bilk us to pay off her psychiatric appointments, a redhead is that blast of adrenaline we need to get out of bed in the morning--no matter what stranger's bed we slept in...

Arland bought his wife Vickie a switchblade. I gave my Vicki an automatic pistol.

Say what you will, but these gifts, as bizarre as polite society might believe, are our sincere effort in demonstrating our deepest love and respect!
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #10

I have always maintained that a green-eyed redhead is the most dangerous creature known to man.
2sharp2 likes this.