Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By The Tourist
  • 4 Post By Cucamonga kid
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #1

I lost a Boker...in my house!

I have a Boker Automat 74 prepared for defense. I almost used it at B&N. It never leaves my side. It's not a jackknife, it's a life-line.

So I go into the bedroom to get something, come out, and I'm not holding the Boker. I re-trace my steps--nothing!

Out comes the SureFire. I laser the area like CSI agent Gil Grissom, and I cannot find a thing. Now I'm worried.

Finally my wife gets up, and that's usually a sign of disgust with my "toys," and her usual advice is to stop looking as she says, "It will turn up." Yeah, but I want it now. I keep looking.

In desperation, she laments, "Well, what does it look like?"

I tell her it's a switchblade. She frumps, "Everything has a spring in it here...knives, pens, tampons..."

Knowing she knows nothing about knives, (she uses a 3,000 dollar Hattori like a paring knife starting dinner), so I need a prop. I feverishly look around, see a knife on a stack of magazines, and pick it up.

Slowly, I begin, "Well, it looks a lot like this knife--same color, green handle, black blade, and it's a Boker, too..."

...then I realize what I'm holding...
CharlieW and wayne like this.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:28 PM   #2

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I laser the area like CSI agent Gil Grissom
I'm not sure I want to know why you were using bugs to find a knife in your house, but that was a great story
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:48 PM   #3

Bugs? I haven't had bugs in quite a few decades...

Obviously I missed a joke...

Old 03-24-2019, 04:53 PM   #4

Don't worry Chico. Mueller will find your Kalashnikov now that he's got a little bit of free time after closing the Trump witchhunt.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:56 AM   #5

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Obviously I missed a joke...
Gill Grissolm was "the bug guy", who (not exclusively, but) pretty regularly figured things out based on his mastery of Entomology.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:30 AM   #6

Ah, that's right.

When that show premiered, I commented to my wife that I had the same flashlight. She usually rolls her eyes, because even if an implement is on camera for the briefest moment, I tell her the name of the item--and usually own it.

In this case that night, I reached into my jeans and produced the SureFire. I have carried it in my right front jeans pocket for +15 years. I keep it there so I do not have to fumble for it if the lights go out or we're trapped on bleak, dark city street.

You have to see it to hit it...

(I also have those C123 Surefire batteries stuffed into every jacket I own. I'm big on "spares").
CharlieW likes this.