Like Tree18Likes
  • 5 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By OLE442
  • 3 Post By bhunted
  • 4 Post By ChattanoogaPhil
  • 5 Post By The Tourist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

The last 'Barge Charge' officially ends!

I took the last three Barges (and a hunting knife) to our UPS hub and had them shipped to their rightful owners.

First off, let me apologize to Chattanooga Phil and OLE442. You are both men of patience, and whatever financial debt you think you might owe has been erased. I owed you that and more.

The last six months has been a roller-coaster of both physical and mental challenges. I came down with the local flu and I needed some minor surgery. The last thing I wanted to do was stand in front of a polishing fixture.

And as Chuck can tell you, this also took a toll on my judgement. Fortunately he didn't ban me outright. And if my ups and downs hurt any of you, there's a very long overdue apology that many are owed. Trust me, as of this Wednesday I will be addressing that element of healing, as well.

Will I ever pick up a Japanese waterstone again? Well, I tested myself on a folder this week to some success. And many Japanese togishi polishers are actually more skilled at their craft amid their 80s and 90s in age. It's too soon to tell, but these counter-tops sure look clean and bright once more!

Finally, a word of advice. I suggest you face your fears. Trust me, no one is ever going to help! LOL. And if you wear dark glasses on the gym track, your detractors will never see your tears.

Thank you, my friends!
Dude22, CharlieW, bhunted and 2 others like this.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:07 PM   #2

Chico:

Relax and enjoy your summer of retirement. Do some things you and your wife have always wanted to do but have put off. It's a little tough to settle into the retirement thing but I'm working on it one day at a time. Enjoy your "adjustment"!

Take care,
OLE442
The Tourist likes this.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:48 PM   #3

Agreed. Enjoy yourself. Your stories and witticism are most enjoyable. Your capabilities are by far the best that I can tell.
Whatever you say you have, I could never tell.
You are awesome!

One day Iíd like to get together with you and some of the guys over whatever your taste buds desire. Make sure you open up a day for that.

Being retired can leave you bat shit crazy at times. There are days I canít wait for my demise. My pain over comes me quite often. But most others, things / my loved ones around me, keep me fired up with desire and keep aggressively moving forward to enjoyment. Itís not easy.

The biggest way I accomplish sanity is I try to be productive every day without fail. That could be nothing more than oiling a squeaky hinge. Or taking wife out to eat. Cleaning a gun, etc. If I am not productive, I am miserable. I curse myself out and if I could dis-joint my leg, Iíd swift kick myself in the ass.
I could only hope it gets better when my wife finally retires.

So yea, go have some fun but donít let your hands be idle. Hats off to you. Youíll always have friends here. Ever need to chat, call me. Iím always around. Iíll consider that chat one of my daily productive endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CharlieW, OLE442 and The Tourist like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #4

Men of good character tend to put a lot of pressure on themselves, sometimes too much.

Chico,

It's all good my friend.
CharlieW, bhunted, OLE442 and 1 others like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #5

A heartfelt thanks to you all. This has been one of the toughest roads I've trekked simply because of the full spectrum of shortcomings.

If you can't think you shouldn't polish. You're not there fully for your wife. You're robbed of sleep you desperately need.

Tuesday and Wednesday will provide me insight from those care-givers. I'm healthier, and I think that "train headlight" might actually be the light at the end of the tunnel...

This is a good forum.
Dude22, CharlieW, bhunted and 2 others like this.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #6

I rec'd the two Barge knives in the mail today. I now have a small bald patch on my upper forearm. Yes, you could shave with these after Chico performs his magic! Nice, really nice!
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #7

Originally Posted by OLE442 View Post
I rec'd the two Barge knives in the mail today. I now have a small bald patch on my upper forearm. Yes, you could shave with these after Chico performs his magic! Nice, really nice!
What OLE442 does not mention is that he had to wait until I could hold a stone and clear the fog from a one-two punch of some illnesses. He never said a word.

You are indeed welcomed.