Are there any other Blue Ridge dealers here? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Knives

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM   #1

Are there any other Blue Ridge dealers here?

As you've undoubtedly heard, the Barge is going to be phased out--why I have no idea. Other than a Boker automatic, I have never seen a more useful and reliable knife.

So I called Blue Ridge 'tother day' and asked if I could get some for my local clients. I asked for, and got confirmation on five of them. Then I asked how deep the stock was.

The inside sales gal smirked and said, "Oh, don't worry, Chico, I have over a thousand here..."

While I am never, ever, ever going to spearhead that insanity again, I think the forum should hoard as many of these folders as they can. I know I bought some depth after hearing that.

So here's my idea. I do not have the resources (or brain cells) to buy, polish, ship and/or stock than many items. However, if another Blue Ridge retailer would like to stick his neck out, I could polish perhaps nine Barges per week and still keep my psychiatric appointments and sustaining whatever tranquilizer darts our local constables use in fits of angst.

I would advise this retailer to only ship "one to a client" until the tidal wave ebbs. Several people wanted two to five at one time, and that's impossible to polish making everyone else wait.

I already bought mine. There's only one thousand left for all America. And they're going for 8 dollars a piece. We need a new forum retailer.

Last edited by The Tourist; 04-24-2019 at 09:25 AM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #2

Doesn't sound like retirement to me Chico -- appears you have swarf in your blood
Old 04-24-2019, 10:31 AM   #3

Oh, swarf I have by the bucket. It's the concept of "brotherhood" that trips me up every time. It's a 'biker thing.'

Besides, I'm not going to be invoicing the members, paying for freight or keeping the shipments straight. Raw polishing, that I love.

That, and lots of the guys here have become friends. This is the last of the Barges.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #4

I just sent BRK my business info so now it's to them.
The Tourist and Bigdog like this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:18 PM   #5

Looks like game on. I hope this works out.

Sell all the Barges you can. Let me know if any need a polish. They come pretty sharp, and some guys don't want the added expense.
wayne likes this.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #6

They said I should hear from them within 48 hrs. Hopefully I'll be able to send you a bit work.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #7

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Hopefully I'll be able to send you a little bit work.
...there, I fixed it for you...
wayne likes this.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #8

I don't even know what they are, but if you speak that highly of them pretty sure I need at least one. I googled and got Kershaw, is that right?

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:22 AM   #9

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
I googled and got Kershaw, is that right?
Yes, that's correct, it is a Kershaw product. I have five of them coming to my house, and I know that my local clients are going to want more of them as the supply dries up.

Frankly, I would get two of them. Yes, they are durable and can withstand a lot of abuse, but that "thousand pieces" is going to be divided between all of the blade-heads in the entire United States. The supply is not going to last.

The positive thing here is that this forum has cultivated quite a few polishers. When your Barges come, have your edge refined. I made two of them for Joyce because she was literally destroying cheap knives opening cardboard boxes of inventory.

She told me the other day on the phone that she still uses the original Barge I sent her, and it's still sharp. She put away the second one, just in case.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/barge
Old 04-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #10

I am now a Blue ridge dealer. Time to do some shopping, unfortunately I'm on a very tight budget this month. Barges are at the top of list though.